Last Updated on
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
DNV GL provides classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain, and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.
Local Unit & Position Description
DNV GL-Energy, Bangalore office is looking for a bright and passionate Intern to be a part of the Project Engineering team. (S)He would be doing a paid Internship with us for 2 – 6 months.
In this role, you will be directly reporting to the Head of Section- Project Engineering.
- Fully aligned with the characteristics of the scientific methods i.e. Empirical, Replicable, Systematic, Objective and Provisional
- Traits for being updated, organized, taking the risk, integrity and collaborating in groups
- You are expected to play a key role in revision and introduction of methodologies, standards, new services in tune with the fast-changing business and technological environment
- Development of civil design tools for solar projects (design of hot-rolled/cold-formed steel sections, design of aluminium sections, design of pile and isolated footings).
- Prepare standardized designs of solar plants, for different parameters, as per IS codes.
- Develop database of Solar projects from previous projects.
- Assisting in performing any other work that comes under Project Engineering – Wind and Solar
Note: The above-listed tasks shall consume approximately 50% of the internship time. For remaining, time selected candidate will be encouraged to study/perform any other assignment as per own interest. However, the area of assignment shall be within the domain of DNV GL services and needs to be mutually agreed.
- PG/UG Student with background of Civil Engineering
- PG/UG student with interest in renewable energy policy development
- Well versed with fundamental concepts in Civil Engineering
- Good understanding of Steel Deign/Geotechnical Design
- Working knowledge in STAAD Pro, SAP2000
- Good English skills – written and spoken
- IT knowledge (MS Office, MS Excel)
- Willingness to adapt to different job requirements
- Good organization and time management skills
- Willingness to work (and learn) in different aspects of engineering and renewable sector
- Problem solving skills and ability to come up with out-of-box solutions
- Self-initiated and passionate to take up technical challenges and explore new areas
- Well versed and passionate to learn and study about renewable energy sector
By joining the team of highly skilled and versatile individuals, you will experience:
- Multinational, inclusive and diverse organizational environment
- Strong Company culture, ethics, and values
- Access to 10,000+ online Training and Knowledge data 24/7
- High impact learning culture
- Ability to work cross-functional projects