Last Updated on January 27, 2023 by Admin
Online Applications are invited in IIA Recruitment 2023 from young, bright and highly motivated individuals for the following regular positions to work at IIA, Bengaluru, and its field stations/campuses. IIA reserves the right of posting the selected candidates at any of the IIA facilities as and when required. The current place of posting mentioned in this advertisement should be considered as the initial place of posting.
Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) is an autonomous academic national institution of the Department of Science & Technology, Government of India, dedicated to research in Astronomy and Astrophysics. The Institute has its main campus in Koramangala, Bengaluru. The Institute also has field stations/campuses across the country: 1) Center for Research and Education in Science & Technology (CREST), Hosakote, Bengaluru; 2) Radio Astronomy Field Station, Gauribidanur, Karnataka 3) Vainu Bappu Observatory (VBO), Kavaluru, Tamil Nadu; 4) Kodaikanal Solar Observatory (KSO), Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu and 5) Indian Astronomical Observatory (IAO), Leh/Hanle, Union Territory of Ladakh
IIA Recruitment 2023 for Various Posts.
Tortla no of vacancies – 14 Posts
- ENGINEER – B (OPTICS) – 01 Post
- MECHANIC -A (CARPENTRY) – 02 Posts
- ELECTRICIAN – A – 01 Post
- JUNIOR TECHNICAL ASSISTANT (ELECTRONICS) – 01 Post
- JUNIOR RESEARCH ASSISTANT (OBSERVATIONS) – 02 Posts
- JUNIOR RESEARCH ASSISTANT (OBSERVATIONS) – 03 Posts
- JUNIOR TECHNICAL ASSISTANT (OPTICS) – 02 Posts
- JUNIOR TECHNICAL ASSISTANT (ELECTRICAL) – 01 Post
- HORTICULTURE ASSISTANT – 01 Post
- Full-time course in B.E/B.Tech. in Mechanical/Instrumentation/Engg. Physics/Applied Optics or M.E./M.Tech. in Mechanical/Instrumentation/Engg. Physics/Applied Optics with at least 60% marks in the aggregate from a recognized University/ Institution.
- SSLC with one-year full-time NCTVT certificate course (ITI) in the trade of Carpenter with at least 60% marks from a Govt. recognized Industrial Training Institute.
- Three years full-time course in Diploma in Electronics Engineering/ Electronics & Communication Engineering or BE/B. Tech. in Electronics Engineering/ Electronics & Communication Engineering (full-time course) with minimum 60% marks in aggregate from Central/State Government/ AICTE recognized institute/university.
- Full-time course in Bachelor of Science in Physics/Maths/Chemistry or Bachelor of Science in Information Technology/ Electronics or Bachelor in Computer Application (BCA) or Bachelor Degree in Engineering with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks from a recognized university/institute
- Three years full-time course in Diploma in Mechanical Engineering/Automobile Engineering/Instrumentation/Tool and Die making or full-time course in B.E/B.Tech in Mechanical/Instrumentation/Engg. Physics/Applied Optics or Two years full-time ITI courses with one-year apprentice training in Fitter/Turner/Tools & Die Making discipline with minimum 60% marks in aggregate from Central/State Government/ AICTE/NCVT recognized institute.
- Three years full-time course in Diploma in Electrical/Electrical & Electronics Engineering with minimum 60% marks in the aggregate from a Central/State Government/AICTE recognized institute and with supervisory “C” certificate or with B-License issued by the Electrical Licensing Board.
- Full-time Bachelor’s degree in Horticulture from a recognized University / Institute with at least 60% marks in aggregate.
How to apply
- Eligible candidates should apply online through the Institute website https://www.iiap.res.in/iia_jobs/. Candidates are required to upload their scanned recent photograph, date of birth certificate, educational/technical qualification certificates, Degree certificate (if applicable), Caste certificate & EWS claim certificate (if applicable), experience certificates, etc. declared in the application form and also Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Educational/technical certificates and experience certificates should be uploaded separately in a single scanned pdf. file. Experience certificates from the concerned employer including the present employer on their letterhead along with authorized signature and seal only be considered as proof of experience. Offer letter, joining letter & pay slip, etc., will not be considered as experience proof. Applicants should keep ready all scanned documents before submission of the application. The uploaded documents should be visible/readable.
- Online applications without uploading all the required above-stated documents will not be considered and the uploaded documents which are not visible/readable also will not be considered.
- Candidates already employed in Government / Autonomous Institutions / Semi-Government Institutions/PSUs/ Corporations / Banks etc., should compulsorily forward their application through the proper channels after successful registration of the application. The forwarding letter along with a copy of the online application with a passport-size photo posted should be sent to the Administrative Officer, Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Sarjapura Road, 2nd Block, Koraman- gala, Bengaluru – 560 034 superscribing “Application for the post of……………………..forwarding through the proper channel ” within a month from the closing date of online application failing which such application will not be considered.
Closing date for online application – 20.02.2023 at 17:30 hours.