Last Updated on August 1, 2021 by Admin
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across the energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. Wood provides consulting, projects, and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. Presently Wood is hiring for the Civil & Structural Engineers in Chennai, India.
- Requisition ID: 2021-9011
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for Engineer / Senior Engineer – Civil & Structural with Onshore experience to join our team based in Chennai.
- Specialist Engineer in Engineering Design & Detailing of Civil & Structural works of Oil & Gas projects
- Must have worked in STAAD software in Analysis & Design
- Hands-on experience on model review in SPR/Navis Review platform is a must.
- Experience as Area Lead Engineer / Checking Engineer in at least one project.
- Experience in the preparation of the Design calculation through the XL spreadsheet will be a plus point.
- Field Engineering Experience after completion of home office engineering will be added advantage
- Area Lead Civil Engineer / Checking Engineer -Taking responsibility for one or two process units
- Reporting to Lead Civil Engineer
- Coordination with other disciplines, project & site for Civil inputs, schedules, and related issues
- Preparing / Checking of Calculations, General Arrangement & Detail Drawings, and MTO
- Attending inter-discipline meetings, internal model reviews & model reviews with the client
- Monitoring and meeting the project schedules on submissions of Civil deliverables
- Ensuring all deliverables comply with quality as per FW /Client specifications & standards.
- Review of vendor drawings/other discipline drawings for adequacy of Civil design input requirements
Skills / Qualifications
- BE /B.Tech Civil Engineering Minimum
- Years of experience: 4 – 12 years
- Able to communicate in English both in verbal and writing with other disciplines & multinational workforce in an effective manner
- Willing to have the patience to face work pressure & changes
Technical / Domain Related Skills
Must have exposure to design of
- Structures like Pipe rack/ Pipe bridges & Process structures/Equipment support structures
- Equipment foundation such as Heat Exchanger, Vertical & Horizontal vessels/drum, Columns/ Tower, Compressor & pumps
- Pump Houses / Lift station and Tank farm
- Control room & Substation buildings
- Must have sound working experience in using Indian, British and American standards for Civil & structural works.
- Thorough experience in the production of deliverables such as General arrangement drawings for Civil & steelworks, RC Detail drawings, Steel connection detail drawing & supporting Calculations.
- Should have experience in constructability review.
- Exposure to dynamic analysis of Pumps & Compressor foundations using GT Strudl & Blast resistance design of the structure is added advantage
- Exposure to American petroleum Industry requirements for Civil & Structural works will be a plus point.
- Experience in Seismic design as per IS1893- 2002 using the response spectrum method is desirable
How to Apply
Kindly click the below button to apply online on the company’s career page.