Last Updated on October 26, 2020 by Admin
India is the 3rd largest energy and oil consumer in the world after China and the US. The oil and gas sector is among the six core industries in India and plays a major role in influencing decision making for all the other important sections of the economy. Find below the list of the oil and gas companies of India.
India’s economic growth is closely related to energy demand; therefore the need for oil and gas is projected to grow more, thereby making the sector quite conducive for investment.
The Government of India has adopted several policies to fulfill the increasing demand. The government has allowed 100 percent Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in many segments of the sector, including natural gas, petroleum products, and refineries, among others.
India is the fourth-largest Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) importer after Japan, South Korea, and China, and accounts for 5.8 percent of the total global trade. Domestic LNG demand is expected to grow at a CAGR of 16.89 percent to 306.54 MMSCMD by 2021 from 64 MMSCMD in 2015.
According to data released by the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade Policy (DPIIT), the petroleum and natural gas sector attracted FDI worth US$ 7.018 billion between April 2000 and March 2019.
Snapshot of India’s Oil & Gas Sector
- World’s fastest-growing energy market
- 3rd largest total primary energy consumption in the world
- Energy Demand growth projected at a CAGR of 4.2 % during 2017-2040
- The oil & gas sector is among eight core industries in India
- The oil & gas sector accounts for around 35 % of our energy mix.
- Target to increase the share of natural gas in the energy mix from 6.2% to 15% by 2030
- 3rd largest consumer of crude oil in the world
- 4th largest LNG Exporter in the world
- Second largest refiner in Asia and 4th largest in the world
- Oil reserves of 618.94 MMT and natural gas reserve 1.3 TCM
- The US $ 143 billion investment potential in the Oil & Gas sector
- LPG Coverage increased from 55% in 2014 to 97% in 2020.
- CGD Coverage area increased to 70% from 20%
Best Oil and Gas Companies In India
By considering all the available data and positive news from the various sources, we can see great potential in the Oil and Gas sector in India. We have compiled below the list of best Oil & Gas companies in India, in which we see huge potential to grow in the near future.
List of the top and the best oil and gas company in India, the oil and gas industry in India. Oil and gas companies in Mumbai, Pune, oil, and gas EPC companies. All these companies also belong to the top 10 oil and gas companies in the world 2020 and the top 100 oil and gas companies. future of the oil and gas industry in India.
You can also, find here the public sector oil companies in India, public sector oil companies in India, and the largest oil companies by production.
Few of these companies are PSU & state-owned companies. Some of these companies are also listed on Indian stock markets. Kindly go through the below list of companies and visit their career page to find the current employment opportunities and start applying for the jobs. We will keep on adding more potential companies from Oil & Gas in India.