Last Updated on March 10, 2019 by Admin
Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) is an autonomous academic national institution of the Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India, dedicated to research in Astronomy, Astrophysics and Allied Sciences & Technology. The Institute has its main campus in Koramangla, Bengaluru and CREST campus at Hosakote, Bengaluru. It operates field stations at Kavalur & Kodaikanal in Tamil Nadu, Gauribidanur in Karnataka and Leh/Hanle in Ladakh region of Jammu & Kashmir.
Applications are invited from young, bright and highly motivated individuals for the following position to work at various campuses of the Institute:
Engineer B (Civil)
Place of Posting : Bengaluru
Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent from a recognized University/ Institute with at least 60% marks in the aggregate; knowledge of computer applications; knowledge of CADD software and applications relevant to preparation of bill of quantities, cost estimates, tender specifications, etc.
Experience: Minimum Two years experience after graduation in a leading National Laboratory/Research Institute for major projects of civil engineering. Experience in supervision and construction of new buildings, laboratories, roads and exposure to restoration works of old buildings/structures is essential. Experience working in high alititude sites (appx. 10,000 ft above MSL) is desirable. The candidate should be conversant with CPWD Rules, specifications for preparation of estimates, tendering and execution of work.
TECHNICAL ASSISTANT (Electrical)
Diploma in Electrical Engineering (3 year full time course) with at least 60% marks in the aggregate from a Govt. recognized institution with supervisory “C” certificate issued by the competent authority.
Scientist – C
UPPER DIVISION CLERK
How to apply:
1) Eligible candidates shall apply online through Institute website https://www.iiap.res.in/iia_jobs/. Candidates shall take a print out of the application after submission and send the printed application along with self attested photocopy of requisite certificates. Online applications not followed by printed copy along with the enclosures will not be considered.
2) Upon registration, applicants will be provided with an on-line Registration Number, which should be carefully preserved for future reference.
3) E-mail ID of the applicant will have to be provided in the application CORRECTLY and compulsorily.
4) For those already in employment under Central/State Government, Public Sector Undertaking or Autonomous Bodies, applications should be forwarded through proper channel by following instructions at Sl.No.1 above.
1) Selection to post of Engineer B will be on the basis of initial screening and then personal interview
2) Qualification and experience prescribed is the minimum requirement and the same does not automatically make candidates eligible for personal interview. Initial screening will be conducted based on the academic performance and experience.
Important dates to be noted:
Opening date for on-line registration – 31.01.2019
Closing date for on-line registration – 18.03.2019
15) Last date for submission of receipt of printed copy of application through post – 25.03.2019
16) Printed applications shall be sent by post to Administrative Officer, Indian Institute of Astrophysics, II Block, Kormangala, Bangalore – 560034. Postal cover shall be super scribed as “Application for the post of ________________________________″
17) For registration, please visit: https://www.iiap.res.in/iia_jobs/
For Official Advertisement!