Last Updated on May 14, 2021 by Admin
There are many guides, articles, and blog posts already written on this topic. Here we are also putting our efforts into providing you with one of the best guides on various career options for engineering graduates’ in 2021 and beyond and find the right answer for what to do after engineering?
An Overview of Engineering Education In India
As per the report, India has a total of 6,214 Engineering and Technology Institutions in which around 2.9 million students are enrolled. Every year on average 1.5 million students get their degree in engineering, but due to the lack of skill required to perform technical jobs less than 20 percent get employment in their core domain.
Most of the engineering students and graduates are in a state of confusion and they are not clear on their goal in which direction they should move on.
The college is one of the best places for us to nurture our ideas and learn various subjects and enjoy quality time with friends. After engineering education, what next? It’s the most vital question almost everyone has in their minds when they come out of college life.
- Why Career Planning is essential for Engineering Graduates?
- Free Career Assessment and Career Aptitude Test
- Is a career in construction suitable for me?
- Online Education | Online Learning | Top Emerging Job Skills To Learn Online In 2021
- BIM | Building Information Modeling | A Great Career Option For Engineers
Most of the recent graduates suffered a lot due to the Covid-19 pandemic situation, some of us also shifted our focus on certain things. It was a panic situation, but somehow few people have made their career and find their dream job.
When discussing the career after engineering studies, the most viable options are to find a job or to go for higher education (M.Tech/ME/MS/MBA in India or abroad). These are the only two options highly recommended, and people have been choosing these options for a long period of time.
- Civil Engineering Interview Questions and Answers PDF eBOOK
- Mostly Asked Mechanical Engineering Interview Questions and Answers
- How To Face A Technical Interview
- Effective Job Search Strategies for Engineers
- Top 50 HR Interview Questions and Answers for Engineers
- Civil Engineering Careers Blueprint eBook: The Great Construction Career
Top Career Options For Engineers
If you work on your career planning proactively you will find that there are other options you can make a career in, you just need to explore these career options when you are in engineering studies.
If you are into your final year of engineering and want to go for further study to make a better career choice. Here is the best career guidance for engineering students. Kindly check below the various career options for gngineering graduate.
You can find here below the unconventional career options after engineering and a list of pg courses after engineering. As per the latest study, these are the best career options in engineering and pg courses after b tech. Few are also the nontechnical career options after engineering, career options after B.Tech CSE, and the best master’s degree after engineering. You can find below the top career options for engineering students to pursue in 2021.
As per the LinkedIn India survey;
- 40% of Indian professionals expect an increase in the number of new jobs.
- 53% expect their companies to do better in the next six months.
- The hiring rate continues to recover steadily back to Pre-COVID levels with a 46% y-o-y growth.
The LinkedIn survey discovers that there will be more and more skill-based hiring. Candidates are asked to demonstrate the new skills or required skills rather than just educational qualifications or prior experience.
As per the LinkedIn insights on jobs on the rise in 2021, the followings are the fast-moving technical skills and most in-demand jobs.
Fastest-growing Technical skills
- Microsoft Excel & Data Science For 2021 Premium Certification Bundle
- Python Master Class: Complete Python Programming With Projects
- Top Free Online Courses on edX [2021 Updated Courses]
- What is Power BI? How it is Useful to Harness Construction Data?
- The 2021 Digital Marketing & Advertising Bundle
Most in-demand jobs
- Freelance Content Creator
- Customer service specialist
- Data analyst
- Cloud Engineer
- Digital marketing specialist
- Financial analyst
- Business Analyst
- Graphic designer
- IT administrator
- IT support/help desk technician
- Project Manager
- Sales representative
- Software developer
Related Online Courses:
- The Ultimate Financial Accounting & CPA Certification Training Bundle
- The Premium 2021 Project & Quality Management Certification Bundle
- Applied Project Management Certificate Online Course From UCI
- The Complete Mechanical Engineer & Design Certification Bundle
- Get unlimited access to 3,000 Plus online courses on Coursera
You can clearly differentiate the job profiles that are more aligned to digital skills and they are most in-demand in the current market scenario.
So, this is when you should make your profile more compatible with these demanding skills and learn the most in-demand technical job skills.
Technology like Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), electric vehicles, hyperloop, and advanced construction techniques also demands more tech-savvy people to handle hassle-free integrations.
For the Mechanical, Electrical, and Civil Engineering graduates, we have written an excellent article on the career options after civil engineering study, and it can also be applicable to other engineering courses.