Last Updated on July 23, 2021 by Admin
Typical duties described in a Construction Assistant resume sample include monitoring costs, ordering construction materials, liaising with contractors, coordinating workers, identifying construction project mistakes, and making sure safety standards are being followed. often it is also called a construction project assistant. We have discussed here the construction assistant job description and salary details within a typical construction company.
This position is responsible for supporting the construction specialist by performing clerical duties within the construction lending department.
Main duties include but are not limited to providing assistance to the construction specialist as necessary, preparing welcome letters, change in terms, new loan setup, ordering surveys and inspections as requested, monitoring reports, submit invoices for payment, builder application research, and annual review. The construction assistant will provide a high level of service to both internal and external customers.
- Planning Engineer Job Description And Salary Details
- Construction Job Titles and Descriptions In The Construction Industry
- Commercial Manager Job Description and Salary Details
- Electrical Engineer Job description In The Construction Industry.
- Architect Job Description and Salary
Construction Assistant Job Description
- Preparation and correspondence to borrowers and builders. Including but not limited to welcome letter to builder and borrower, change in terms, etc.
- Provide exceptional customer service to builders and borrowers.
- The Construction Assistant reports directly to the Project Manager.
- Required to communicate daily with the Project Management staff, subcontractors, vendors, and clients
- Ensure effective communication, consistent quality of work products, and timely delivery of documentation are required.
- Communication must be clear, concise, and professional with style tailored appropriately to the audience.
- Proper ordering of surveys and inspections and submit invoices for payment.
- As a part of the construction assistant job description, he/she monitors and reviews reports for aged escrow holdbacks and mortgage insurance activation. Escalation to construction specialist.
- Monitor and maintain builder eligibility list in addition to basic communication with builders and borrowers about the construction process, procedures, and requirements.
- Work with the construction specialist on builder eligibility applications.
- Act in a professional manner contacting builders and supplies by phone or email. Provide excellent written feedback.
- Ensure documentation relating to builder license and insurance are up to date.
- Provide general support to the construction specialist as needed.
- Maintain industry knowledge by attending appropriate educational workshops/classes and/or by participating in other industry-related activities.
- Meet established standards and guidelines with regard to compliance, job knowledge, quality, attendance, efficiency, initiative, customer service, and overall performance.
- Maintain customer confidence by providing ongoing quality service and keeping all information confidential.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and compliance with internal policies and procedures. Understand and ensure compliance with laws, rules, and regulations affecting our institution.
- A four-year engineering degree or Engineering diploma with years of experience is desirable.
- At least one year of customer service experience preferred.
- Proficient computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Word, MS Excel, Outlook, any other mortgage/banking software, etc.).
- Professional demeanor and interaction with all customers (internal and external).
- Effective interpersonal and communications (written and verbal) skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment as well as independently.
- Ability to pay attention to detail while handling a high volume of work with multiple interruptions.
- Effective project management skills and the ability to proactively problem-solve.
- Any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
As a part construction assistant job description, the construction assistant will help with a myriad of tasks to assist project managers to successfully complete projects and assignments. This includes, but is not limited to, organizing project documentation, preparing meeting packages and pricing packages, information distribution with subs and project team members, and operation and maintenance manuals.
- A four-year degree from an accredited university is preferred.
- Prior experience with a professional organization with a proven track record of accountability, professionalism, and organization skills is preferred
- Self-motivated and proactive – takes initiative and seeks responsibility
- Experience with the word, excel, and other Microsoft based software
- Software proficiency – able to adapt to and learn how to use sector, project, and specific software systems.
- Integrity – behaves consistently with The HITT Way in all matters
- Self-development – seeks continuous improvement of knowledge and abilities
- Teamwork and Collaboration – is able to work collaboratively with people of various backgrounds and styles
- Customer service-oriented committed to going beyond the “normal” call of duty
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Construction Department with administrative duties
- Ensure that contractors’ schedules are sent to them
- Make sure that all contractors have paperwork
- Ensure that all files and paperwork are brought back to the office
- Ensure that purchase orders are sent in a timely manner
- Track and distribute the production schedule
- Maintain accurate records and reports for the Construction Department
- Pick up starts from the main office
- Keep all paper and files in order
- Conduct all business in a professional and ethical manner to serve customers and increase the goodwill and profit of the company
Desired Skills and Experience
- Six months to one year of related experience and/or training
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written oral form or via DRH applications
- Proficiency with MS Office and email
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to detail and multi-tasking ability
In India the Salary for Construction Assistant is;
For Fresher candidate 3,50,000 to 500,000 INR PA
For Experienced candidate 4,50,000 to 600,000 INR PA and also depend on the experience and company culture.