Last Updated on April 3, 2021 by Admin
Hydrology is the science that comprises the study of water on the Earth’s surface and underneath the surface of the Earth, the existence and movement of water, the physical and chemical properties of water, and its relationship with the living and material components of the environment. Kindly check below the best textbooks and reference books on hydrology and water resource engineering for your studies, exam, and job interview preparation.
Hydrology is the scientific study of the movement, distribution, and management of water on Earth and other planets, including the water cycle, water resources, and environmental watershed sustainability. A practitioner of hydrology is called a hydrologist.
1. Irrigation Engineering – S. K. Garg, Khanna Publishers
2. Irrigation, Water Resources, and water power engineering- P. N. Modi, Standard Book House.
3. Irrigation and water power Engineering- Dr. Punmia and Dr. Pande, Standard Publisher
4. Elementary Engineering Hydrology- M.J.Deodhar-Pearson Education
5. Engineering Hydrology. –Ojha—Oxford University Press 6. Engineering hydrology – K. Subramanyam Tata McGraw Hill.
6. Hydrology- Principles, Analysis and Design, Raghunath, New Age International
7. Irrigation Engineering-Raghunath–Wiley
8. Groundwater Hydrology, 3ed—Todd–Wiley
9. Applied Hydrology – Chow, Maidment, Mays, McGraw-Hill
10. Principles of Hydrology- Ward and Robinson, Tata McGraw Hill
11. Irrigation Engineering – Bharat Singh