Last Updated on January 11, 2022 by Admin
Structural engineering is a sub-discipline of civil engineering in which structural engineers are trained to design the bones and muscles that create the form and shape of man-made structures. Kindly check below the textbooks and reference books on structural design for your studies, exam, and job interview preparation.
Structural design is the methodical investigation of the stability, strength, and rigidity of structures. The basic objective in structural analysis and design is to design a structure capable of resisting all applied loads without failure during its intended life.
Textbooks and Reference Books on Structural Design-I
1. Design of Steel Structure by N Subramanian, Oxford University Press, New Delhi.
2. Limit state design of Steel Structure by V L Shah & Gore, Structures Publication, Pune
3. Limit state design in Structural Steel by M.R. Shiyekar, PHI, Delhi
4. Structural Design in Steel—Sarwar Alam, Raz—New Age International Publishers
5. Analysis and Design: Practice of Steel Structures—Karuna Ghosh– PHI Learning Pvt. Ltd.Delhi
6. Limit state design of steel structures by S K Duggal, Tata McGraw Hill Education, New Delhi.
7. Design of Steel Structures by K. S. Sai Ram, Pearson, New Delhi.
8. Fundamentals of structural steel design M L Gambhir, Tata McGraw Hill Education Private Limited, New Delhi.
9. Limit state design of Steel Structure by Ramchandra & Gehlot, Scientific Publishers, Pune.
10. Design of steel structure by Limit State Method as per IS 800- 2007 by Bhavikatti S S, I.K. International Publishing House, New Delhi
1. “Illustrated Reinforced Concrete Design” by Dr. V.L.Shah and Dr. S.R. Karve, ‘Structures Publications’, Pune 411009
2. “Illustrated Design of Reinforced Concrete Buildings (G+3)” by Dr. V.L.Shah and Dr. S.R. Karve, ‘Structures Publications’, Pune 411009.
3. “Design of Reinforced Concrete Structures” by Subramanian, ‘Oxford University Press.
4. “Limit State Analysis and Design” by P. Dayaratnram, ‘Wheeler Publishing company’, Delhi.
5. “Comprehensive Design of R.C. Structures” by Punmia, Jain and Jain, ‘Standard Book House’, New Delhi.
6. “RCC Analysis and Design” by Sinha, S, Chand, and Co. New Delhi.
7. “Reinforced Concrete Design” by Varghese, PHI, New Delhi.
8. “Reinforced Concrete Design” by Pillai Menon, ‘Tata McGraw Hill’, New Delhi.
9. “Design of Concrete Structure” by J N Bandyopadhyay, PHI, New Delhi.