Last Updated on April 28, 2021 by Admin
Geotechnical engineering, also known as geotechnics, is the application of scientific methods and engineering principles to the acquisition, interpretation, and use of knowledge of materials of the Earth’s crust and earth materials for the solution of engineering problems and the design of engineering works. Find below the list of the essential Books on Geotechnical Engineering.
Textbooks and reference Books on Geotechnical Engineering
Text Books on Geotechnical Engineering
- Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering by Dr. B. C. Punmia, Laxmi Publications.
- Geotechnical Engineering by Shashi K. Gulati & Manoj Datta, Tata McGraw Hill.
- Principles of Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering by V.N.S. Murthy, UBS Publishers.
- Geotechnical Engineering by Dr. B. J. Kasmalkar, Pune Vidyarthi Griha Prakashan.
Reference Books on Geotechnical Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering by C. Venkatramaiah, New Age International Publishers.
- Principles of Geotechnical Engineering by Braj M.Das, Cengage Learning.
- Geotechnical Engineering by P Purushothma Raj, Tata McGraw Hill.
- Geotechnical Engineering by Principles & Practices by Donald. P. Coduto, Pearson Education.
- Basic and Applied Soil Mechanics by Gopal Ranjan and A. S. R. Rao, Newage International.
- Physical and Geotechnical Properties of Soils by Joseph E. Bowles, International Students Edition.
If you are looking for the best books to study Geotechnical Engineering, kindly check the above list of the book and resources.