Last Updated on April 1, 2021 by Admin
Concrete technology deals with the study of properties of concrete and its practical applications. Various types of cement are used for concrete works which have different properties and applications. Some of the types of cement are Portland Pozzolana Cement (PPC), rapid hardening cement, Sulphate resistant cement, etc. Kindly check below the textbooks and reference books on concrete technology.
Also, concrete technology addresses the properties of concrete required in construction applications, including strength and durability, and gives guidance on all aspects of concrete from mix design to batching, mixing, transporting, placing, consolidating, finishing, and curing.
Following are the top and the best-recommended textbooks and reference books on concreate technology subject.
Concrete Technology Textbooks:
1. Concrete Technology by M. S. Shetty, S Chand, New Delhi-110055.
2. Concrete Technology by M. L. Gambhir, Tata McGraw-Hill.
Concrete Technology Reference Books:
1. Properties of concrete by A. M. Neville, Longman Publishers.
2. Concrete Technology by R.S. Varshney, Oxford and IBH.
3. Concrete technology by A. M. Neville, J.J. Brooks, Pearson.
4. Ferrocement Construction Manual by Dr. D. B. Divekar-1030, Shivaji Nagar, Model Colony, Pune.
5. Concrete Mix Design by A. P. Remideos, Himalaya Publishing House.
6. Learning from Failures: Deficiencies in Design, Construction, and Service, R& D Center, 1987.
IS Codes :
IS 456, IS 383, IS 9103, IS 10262 Latest revised editions.