Last Updated on April 16, 2021 by Admin
Fluid mechanics is the branch of physics concerned with the mechanics of fluids (liquids, gases, and plasmas) and the forces on them. It can be divided into fluid statics, the study of fluids at rest; and fluid dynamics, the study of the effect of forces on fluid motion. Kindly check below the best textbooks and reference books on fluid mechanics for your studies, exam, and job interview preparation.
In physics and engineering, fluid dynamics is a subdiscipline of fluid mechanics that describes the flow of fluids—liquids and gases. It has several subdisciplines, including aerodynamics and hydrodynamics.
1. Hydraulics & Fluid Mechanics by Dr. P. N. Modi and Dr. S. M. Seth, Standard Book House.
2. Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulic Machines by McGraw Hill Education (India).
1. Fluid Mechanics by Yunus Cengel, Jhon Cimbala, Tata Macgraw Hill,New Delhi.
2. Fluid Mechanics by R. J. Garde, A.J Mirajgaonkar, SCITECH Publication.
3. Fluid Mechanics by Streeter & Wylie, Tata McGraw Hill.
4. Fluid Mechanics by Dr. A. K. Jain, Khanna Publishers.
5. Fluid Mechanics by K. Subramanya, McGraw Hill.
6. Fluid Mechanics by Frank White, McGraw Hill.
7. Fluid Mechanics and Fluid Machinery by R. K. Bansal, Laxmi Publications.
1. http://www.engmatl.com/home/viewdownload/10-engineering-handbooks-pocketbooks/123- fluid-mechanics-handbook
2. http://nptel.iitm.ac.in/courses/Webcourse-contents/IIT-KANPUR/FLUID MECHANICS /ui/ Course_home-3.htm
1. Engineering Fluid Mechanics by Garde, Mirajgaonkar, Scitech
2. Hydraulics and Fluid Mechanics by P. N. Modi & S. N. Seth Standard book house
3. Open Channel Flow by K Subramanya, TMH, Third Ed.
4. Open Channel Hydraulics: Vente Chow – Tata McGraw Hill.
5. Open Channel Flow: K. G. RangaRaju – Tata McGraw Hill.
6. Fluid Mechanics- Fundamentals and Applications by Cengel and Cimbala- McGraw Hill
7. Flow through Open Channels—Srivastava– Oxford University Press
8. A test book of Fluid mechanics and Machinery by Bansal
9. Fluid Mechanics by Streeter, Wylie, and Bedford – Tata McGraw Hill
10. Fluid Mechanics by White – Mc-Graw Hill
11. Fluid Mechanics-A.K.Mohanty- PHI Learning Pvt Ltd.Delhi
12. Open Channel Flow by M. M. Das – PHI Learning Pvt Ltd.Delhi