Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is a national examination conducted jointly by Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore and seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) at Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee on behalf of National Coordination Board (NCB)-GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education (MoE), Government of India. GATE examination is a Computer Based Test (CBT). Kindly read the information brochure and apply online for the GATE 2021 Examination before 30th September 2020.
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay. is the organizing institute for GATE 2021. Qualifying in GATE is a mandatory requirement for seeking admission and/or financial assistance to Postgraduate Programs (Master’s and Doctoral) with Ministry of Education (MoE) and other Government Scholarships / Assistantships, subject to the admission criteria of the admitting institute.
The GATE score is also used by some Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) for their recruitment and by several other universities in India and abroad for admissions.
GATE 2021 score will remain valid for THREE YEARS from the date of announcement of results.
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2021 Examination
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is basically a national examination on the comprehensive understanding of the candidates in various undergraduate subjects in Engineering / Technology / Architecture and post-graduate level subjects in Arts, Commerce, and Science.
GATE 2021 will be conducted for 27 Subjects (also referred to as “papers”).
GATE 2021 examination will be conducted over six days and twelve sessions on Friday 5th, Saturday 6th, Sunday 7th, Friday 12th, Saturday 13th and Sunday 14th of February 2021.
The GATE examination is conducted in different cities across India as well as six cities outside India (In International centers, GATE-2021 will be conducted only if the current COVID-19 situation eases and travel and other restrictions are relaxed. Else GATE-2021 in international centers will be “CANCELLED”).
The GATE score would reflect the relative performance level of the candidate in a particular subject, which is quantified based on several years of examination data.
IIT Bombay Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2021 Exam Details
Announcement Date: 13-08-2020
Pay on or before 14 to 30-09-2020:
- All Other Categories 1500/-
- SC/ ST/ PwD/ Female: 750/-
During the Extended Period (01 to 07-10-2020):
- All Other Categories: 2000/-
- SC/ ST/ PwD/ Female: 1250
Payment Mode: Debit/ Credit card/ Net Banking
- Starting Date for Apply Online: 14-09-2020
- Closing Date to Submission (Online) of Application: 30-09-2020
- Extended Closing Date for Submission of (Online) Application: 07-10-2020
- Last Date for Requesting Change of Examination City (an additional fee will be applicable): 13-11-2020
- Admit Cards Available on Website:08-01-2021
- Date of GATE Exam: 05 to 07 & 12 to 14-02-2021
- Date of Announcement of Results on Online Application Portal: 22-03-2021
- Bachelor degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture/ Science/ Commerce/ Arts, MBBS, Master Degree (Arts/Science/Mathematics/Statistics/ Computer Applications)
For More Qualification Details refer the notification
Kindly read the information brochure thoroughly before applying online for the GATE 2021 examination.
Apply Online: Available on 14-09-2020
Important Dates: Click Here
Information Brochure: Click Here
Official Website: Click Here