Last Updated on February 9, 2021 by Admin
We have listed here the best online courses to become a successful project manager. We more focus on construction project management, but most of these courses are also applicable to other industry sectors. We have compiled the list from the trusted online course providers websites Coursera, Udemy, FutureLearn. All these courses are affordable and can be learned from any part of the world. You can also, find some of the project management free online courses. Kindly check below the top 11 best project management online courses for 2021.
These courses are designed and developed by experts and professionals from reputed universities & institutions across the world. A few of the courses recommended here are the best online project management certificate programs for freshers as well as professional project managers.
These construction project management online training courses designed for the new entrant in the project manager job profile. Here you can find the project management online courses for beginners.
Study Project Management at universities or colleges in the United Kingdom, United States, Canada, Australia, India, or from any other country projects Management degrees to study abroad. With project management in great demand worldwide, this online Project Management course will greatly enhance your career prospects.
Improve your knowledge, skills, and techniques with top paid project management courses. Choose the right program for you. Enroll today for the best online project management courses. Learn project management methodology online from top universities. Start today join 11 Best Project Management Training Courses Online.
These courses listed down here can teach students about the application of skills, tools, knowledge, and techniques for different project management methodologies.
- Important Engineering Books and Construction Courses [2021 Updated]
- Microsoft Excel & Data Science For 2021 Premium Certification Bundle
- What Is Microsoft Project? MS Project Online Tutorials and Courses
- The Microsoft Excel Bootcamp Bundle Only For $29.99 [Original Price $1725]
- The Premium 2021 Project & Quality Management Certification Bundle
All the courses are the best project management certification for you, learn online, and earn valuable credentials from top universities. Professional Certificate in Applied Project Management. Project management courses for beginners, project management certification online courses. Best online project management certificate programs, online project management courses UK, US, Canada, Australia, and India.
Top Project Management Online Courses For 2021
All these courses will teach you the gamut of project management you can learn how to execute various functions of operation on project management software. The commonly used project management software is Microsoft Project (MSP), Primavera.
After studying these recommended courses you can surely improve on your technical skill to look for good opportunities for a project management career. Project managers are in demand in every industry segment, many jobs are available from entry-level to professional.
Offered By: Columbia University
Construction Management is the planning, coordinating, and building of a project from conception to completion. This specialization is intended for Construction industry professionals, engineers, and architects looking to advance their careers.
Students interested in learning about construction project management would also benefit from this specialization.
This Construction Project Management online course teaches the technological advances, such as Building Information Modeling (BIM), which will be introduced with real-world examples of the uses of BIM during the Lifecycle of the Project.
The skill you will gain;
- Project Management
- Construction Management
- Work Breakdown Structure
- project Planning
Offered By: Coventry University
This course is designed to provide you with a broad overview of the makeup of a project and the fundamental activities that take place in construction project management.
You will explore the life cycle of a project and the key activities within each phase. You will investigate the key steps in defining a project, including setting objectives, determining scope, identifying stakeholders, and clarifying strategies.
As part of this course, you will examine the increasingly critical role of project management within construction, focusing on various international case studies.
What topics will you cover?
- A brief overview of what a project is, how a project is classified, and its importance in the construction industry.
- An overview of three project parameters in a construction project and their importance.
- A brief overview of PM definitions, their importance in the construction industry, and how to identify the key actors involved in construction PM.
- A brief overview of the PM methodologies – PRINCE, PROMPT, PMBoK, and CCPM – their characteristics and importance in global construction projects.
- An overview of the five key stages of the project life cycle in construction – initiating, planning, executing, monitoring/controlling, and the closing processes – their characteristics and how each stage is formulated.
Offered By: University of California (UCI)
This Project management online course combines the essential elements of Project Management and Team Leadership into one course. Through class engagement and reflection, you will acquire further understanding of the responsibilities of leadership and become better prepared to apply this knowledge to the project environment.
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Learn about the role of high-performance teams and leadership in project management
- Learn about the tools and techniques for developing and strengthening high-performance teams and team members
- Learn about the stages in the project cycle
- Apply best practices to develop competencies and skills in planning and controlling projects to ensure successful outcomes
- Learn how to monitor project activities and assess progress
- Learn to communicate proficiently to report project status and performance to stakeholders and contribute to an organizational knowledge base
Offered by: The Open University
Learn how to lead project teams with success
Digital transformation and the rise of large scale infrastructure projects has created a growing demand for more project-oriented jobs worldwide. In this course, you will go beyond the fundamentals of project management and improve your knowledge so you’re better prepared to lead projects in the future.
You will focus on ensuring your projects deliver the intended benefits to stakeholders whilst being on time and within budget. You will learn how to choose the best approach to projects and develop the leadership and management skills needed to grow effective project teams.
Offered By: University of California, Irvine
Introduction to Project Management Principles and Practices Specialization Project Management Principles and Practices. Work Better, Together
This project management online courses is a precursor to the Applied Project Management Certificate. Project management has been proven to be the most effective method of delivering products within cost, schedule, and resource constraints.
This intensive and hands-on series of courses gives you the skills to ensure your projects are completed on time and on budget while giving the user the product they expect.
You will gain a strong working knowledge of the basics of project management and be able to immediately use that knowledge to effectively manage work projects.
At the end of the series, you will be able to identify and manage the product scope, build a work breakdown structure, create a project plan, create the project budget, define and allocate resources, manage the project development, identify and manage risks, and understand the project procurement process.
Offered By: RICE University
The goal of the course is to give you the tools to initiate a project plan, manage both stakeholders and relationships, organize their team, develop a project charter, and build a business case for a project.
This Project Management for Engineering Professionals Specialization is designed as an introduction to Project Management.
It is targeted at engineers who are interested in improving their project management skills in a new leadership position or in advance of their first leadership position. As part of the Specialization, you will prepare key Project Execution Plan documents based on available templates.
By the end of this course you will be able to;
- Perform a project assessment using information from previous projects and lessons learned
- Identify key deliverables based on business requirements while managing customer expectations
- Perform stakeholder analysis and create a management plan
- Analyze and develop a project organization
- Create a project charter
- Explain the business case for a project and calculate Net Present Value
- Inform stakeholders of the charter and ensure all parties know the deliverables and expectations
Join Now The Complete 2021 MBA Hacker Bundle
Offered by: Rice University
Scope, time, and cost management are at the heart of successful project management. This course will give you the tools to develop a project scope, schedule, and budget, and then status them to predict project performance. Throughout the course, you will learn about change management and techniques to implement it.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Create a requirements document
- Create a Project Scope Statement
- Identify ways to control the scope of the project
- Decompose the work and develop work packages
- Create a Work Breakdown Structure
- Develop a Critical Path Schedule
- Review types of cost estimate and identify whether they are “top-down or bottom-up”
- Review budgets, contingencies, and reserves
- Calculate planned and earned values to compare with the actual cost
- Perform a cost and schedule analysis Each week you will prepare a key deliverable for the project plan based on a provided Case Study. These deliverables include:
- Project Scope Statement
- Project Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and WBS dictionary
- Critical Path schedule sequence diagram • Bar Chart Schedule (Gantt Chart)
- Project Cost Estimate
- Project Status using an Earned Value Calculation All of this will position you to set up a plan to control your next assignment or your next project whether this is as the project manager or as an area leader.
Offered By: University of Virginia
Projects are all around us. Virtually every organization runs projects, either formally or informally. We are engaged in projects at home and at work. Across settings, planning principles, and execution methodologies can offer ways in which projects can be run more effectively and efficiently.
Project management provides organizations (and individuals) with the language and the frameworks for scoping projects, sequencing activities, utilizing resources, and minimizing risks.
This is an introductory course on the key concepts of planning and executing projects. We will identify factors that lead to project success, and learn how to plan, analyze, and manage projects.
Learners will be exposed to state-of-the-art methodologies and considering the challenges of various types of projects.
What you will learn
- How to initiate, define and organize a project
- How to develop a project plan, including scoping, sequencing tasks, and determining a critical path
- How to assess, prioritize and manage project risk
- How to execute projects and use the earned value approach for monitoring and controlling progress
Skills You Will Gain
- Risk Analysis
- Project Planning
- Project Management
Offered By: University of Virginia and Darden School of Business
Learn the basics of project planning and management so you can run effective projects at work or in daily life.
Project management is key to organizations’ success. Nearly all organizations run projects, either formally or informally.
In this project management course, you will learn the principles of project plans and project delivery, to become an effective project manager at work and in daily life.
You’ll learn language and frameworks for scoping projects, sequencing activities, utilizing resources, and minimizing risks.
You can also earn professional development units (PDUs) at the University of Virginia Darden School of Business. The School is approved by the Project Management Institute (PMI).
Offered By: Rice University
Manage Successful Engineering Projects. Master strategies and tools to more effectively and successfully manage projects.
Master strategies and tools to more effectively and successfully manage projects.
Today’s professional environment is highly competitive, continuously changing, and difficult to manage. Employees rarely reach positions of leadership without managing one or more projects or a project segment early in their careers. The goal of this Specialization is to give you the tools to more effectively and successfully manage projects; to give you a solid foundation of knowledge, skills, and confidence that sets you apart and gives you a competitive edge as you move toward leadership positions.
Skills You Will Learn
- Earned Value Management (EVMT)
- Project Management
- Project Charter
- Project Planning
- Risk Management Plan
- Project Risk Management
This Project Management for Engineering Professionals Specialization is designed as an introduction to Project Management. It is targeted at engineers who are interested in improving their project management skills in a new leadership position or in advance of their first leadership position. As part of the Specialization, you will prepare key Project Execution Plan documents based on available templates.JOIN NOW
- No Prior Knowledge Or Work Is Necessary To Take This Course.
- Pen And Paper For Precious Notes
Project Management Professional (PMP) is an internationally recognized professional designation offered by the Project Management Institute (PMI). The exam is based on the PMI Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK), but if you don’t master project management, you will miss the opportunity to manage a project and become a professional.
What Is In This Course? In This PMP Training, You’ll Learn:
- Do Program Management
- Know the Project Life Cycle and Organization
- Organizational Structure Types
- Create Action Plans
- Project Management Process
- Project Management & Risk Management Plan
- Understanding Group Processes
- Executing Process Group
- Monitor and Controlling Process Group
- Close Process Group
- How to Develop and Manage your Project
- Developing a Project Charter
- Developing a Project Management
- Direct and Manage Project Execution
- Project Scope
- Controlling your project like a pro
- Do Time Management
- Control the Project Schedule
- Cost Management & estimating costing
- Control Costs
- Define Quality
Who is the target audience?
- All Project Managers, Business Development Managers, Engineers
- Anyone Looking To Master Project Management.
- This Is Not For People Looking For Lazy Ways To Do Things