Last Updated on July 21, 2021 by Admin
Improve your workflow in AutoCAD with these instrumental AutoCAD Shortcut Keys and AutoCAD Commands list.
AutoCAD is a program that was initially built for the creation of technical drawings of industrial parts in two dimensions (2D) and three-dimensional (3D) models.
This software has become so helpful and practical that professionals working in architecture, urban planning, engineering, and construction use it daily to create inspiring and transformative projects.
To help those of you using AutoCAD every day to improve your workflow, we have compiled a list of useful shortcuts. Check it out below:
Note: For Windows, use Ctrl; for Mac use Command.
Toggles and screen management
Toggle General Features
– Ctrl+G → Toggle Grid
– Ctrl+E → Cycle isometric planes
– Ctrl+F → Toggle running object snaps
– Ctrl+H → Toggle Pick Style
– Ctrl+Mayús+H → Toggle Hide pallets
– Ctrl+I → Toggle Coords
– Ctrl+Mayús+I → Toggle Infer Constraints
– Ctrl+0 (zero) → Clean Screen
– Ctrl+1 → Property Palette
– Ctrl+2 → Design Center Palette
– Ctrl+3 → Tool Palette
– Ctrl+4 → Sheet Set Palette
– Ctrl+6 → DBConnect Manager
– Ctrl+7 → Markup Set Manager Palette
– Ctrl+8 → Quick Calc
– Ctrl+9 → Command Line
– Ctrl+N → New Drawing
– Ctrl+S → Save drawing
– Ctrl+O → Open drawing
– Ctrl+P → Plot dialog box
– Ctrl+Tab → Switch to next
– Ctrl+Mayús+Tab → Switch to the previous drawing
– Ctrl+Retroceder página → Switch to the previous tab in the current drawing
– Ctrl+Avanzar página → Switch to next tab in the current drawing
– Ctrl+Q → Exit
– Ctrl+Mayús+S → Save the drawing as
Toggle Drawing Modes
– F1 → Display Help
– F2 → Toggle text screen
– F3 → Toggle object snap mode
– F4 → Toggle 3DOsnap
– F5 → Toggle Isoplane
– F6 → Toggle Dynamic UCS
– F7 → Toggle grid mode
– F8 → Toggle ortho mode
– F9 → Toggle snap mode
– F10 → Toggle polar mode
– F11 → Toggle object snap tracking
– F12 → Toggle dynamic input mode
– Ctrl+A → Select all objects
– Ctrl+C → Copy object
– Ctrl+K → Insert hyperlink
– Ctrl+X → Cut object
– Ctrl+V → Paste object
– Ctrl+Mayús+C → Copy to the clipboard with base point
– Ctrl+Mayús+V → Paste data as block
– Ctrl+Z → Undo last action
– Ctrl+Y → Redo the last action
– Ctrl+[ → Cancel current command (or ctrl+\)
– ESC → Cancel current command
– A → ARC / Creates an arc.
– ADC → ADCENTER / Manages and inserts content such as blocks, xrefs, and hatch patterns.
– AA → AREA / Calculates the area and perimeter of objects or of defined areas.
– AL → ALIGN / Aligns objects with other objects in 2D and 3D.
– AP → APPLOAD / Load Application.
– AR → ARRAY / Creates multiple copies of objects in a pattern.
– ARR → ACTRECORD / Starts the Action Recorder.
– ARM → ACTUSERMESSAGE / Inserts a user message into an action macro.
– ARU → ACTUSERINPUT / Pauses for user input in an action macro.
– ARS → ACTSTOP / Stops the Action Recorder and provides the option of saving the recorded actions to an action macro file.
– ATI → ATTIPEDIT / Changes the textual content of an attribute within a block.
– ATT → ATTDEF / Redefines a block and updates associated attributes.
– ATE → ATTEDIT / Changes attribute information in a block.
– B → BLOCK / Creates a block definition from selected objects.
– BC → BCLOSE / Closes the Block Editor.
– BE → BEDIT / Opens the block definition in the Block Editor.
– BH → HATCH / Fills an enclosed area or selected objects with a hatch pattern, solid fill, or gradient fill.
– BO → BOUNDARY / Creates a region or a polyline from an enclosed area.
– BR → BREAK / Breaks the selected object between two points.
– BS → BSAVE / Saves the current block definition.
– BVS → BVSTATE / Creates, sets, or deletes a visibility state in a dynamic block.
– C → CIRCLE / Creates a circle.
– CAM → CAMERA / Sets a camera and target location to create and save a 3D perspective view of objects.
– CBAR → CONSTRAINTBAR / A toolbar-like UI element that displays the available geometric constraints on an object.
– CH → PROPERTIES / Controls properties of existing objects.
– CHA → CHAMFER / Bevels the edges of objects.
– CHK → CHECKSTANDARDS / Checks the current drawing for standards violations.
– CLI → COMMANDLINE / Displays the Command Line window.
– COL → COLOR / Sets the color for new objects.
– CO → COPY / Copies objects a specified distance in a specified direction.
– CT → CTABLESTYLE / Sets the name of the current table style.
– CUBE → NAVVCUBE / Controls the visibility and display properties of the ViewCube tool.
– CYL → CYLINDER / Creates a 3D solid cylinder.
– D → DIMSTYLE / Creates and modifies dimension styles.
– DAN → DIMANGULAR / Creates an angular dimension.
– DAR → DIMARC / Creates an arc length dimension.
– DBA → DIMBASELINE / Creates a linear, angular, or ordinate dimension from the baseline of the previous or selected dimension.
– DBC → DBCONNECT / Provides an interface to external database tables.
– DCE → DIMCENTER / Creates the center mark or the centerlines of circles and arcs.
– DCO → DIMCONTINUE / Creates a dimension that starts from an extension line of a previously created dimension.
– DCON → DIMCONSTRAINT / Applies dimensional constraints to selected objects or points on objects.
– DDA → DIMDISASSOCIATE / Removes associativity from selected dimensions.
– DDI → DIMDIAMETER / Creates a diameter dimension for a circle or an arc.
– DED → DIMEDIT / Edits dimension text and extension lines.
– DI → DIST / Measures the distance and angle between two points.
– DIV → DIVIDE / Creates evenly spaced point objects or blocks along the length or perimeter of an object.
– DJL → DIMJOGLINE / Adds or removes a jog line on a linear or aligned dimension.
– DJO → DIMJOGGED / Creates jogged dimensions for circles and arcs.
– DL → DATALINK / The Data Link dialog box is displayed.
– DLU → DATALINKUPDATE / Updates data to or from an established external data link.
– DO → DONUT / Creates a filled circle or a wide ring.
– DOR → DIMORDINATE / Creates ordinate dimensions.
– DOV → DIMOVERRIDE / Controls overrides of system variables used in selected dimensions.
– DR → DRAWORDER / Changes the draw order of images and other objects.
– DRA → DIMRADIUS / Creates a radius dimension for a circle or an arc.
– DRE → DIMREASSOCIATE / Associates or re-associates selected dimensions to objects or points on objects.
– DRM → DRAWINGRECOVERY / Displays a list of drawing files that can be recovered after a program or system failure.
– DS → DSETTINGS / Sets grid and snap, polar and object snap tracking, object snap modes, Dynamic Input, and Quick Properties.
– DT → TEXT / Creates a single-line text object.
– DV → DVIEW / Defines parallel projection or perspective views by using a camera and target.
– DX → DATAEXTRACTION / Extracts drawing data and merges data from an external source to a data extraction table or external file.
– E → ERASE / Removes objects from a drawing.
– ED → DDEDIT / Edits single-line text, dimension text, attribute definitions, and feature control frames.
– EL → ELLIPSE / Creates an ellipse or an elliptical arc.
– EPDF → EXPORTPDF / Exports drawing to PDF.
– ER → EXTERNALREFERENCES / Opens the External References palette.
– EX → EXTEND / Extends objects to meet the edges of other objects.
– EXIT → QUIT / Exits the program.
– EXP → EXPORT / Saves the objects in a drawing to a different file format.
– EXT → EXTRUDE / Extends the dimensions of a 2D object or 3D face into 3D space.
– F → FILLET / Rounds and fillets the edges of objects.
– FI → FILTER / Creates a list of requirements that an object must meet to be included in a selection set.
– FS → FSMODE / Creates a selection set of all objects that touch the selected object.
– FSHOT → FLATSHOT / Creates a 2D representation of all 3D objects based on the current view.
– G → GROUP / Creates and manages saved sets of objects called groups.
– GCON → GEOCONSTRAINT / Applies or persists geometric relationships between objects or points on objects.
– GD → GRADIENT / Fills an enclosed area or selected objects with a gradient fill.
– GEO → GEOGRAPHICLOCATION / Specifies the geographic location information for a drawing file.
– H → HATCH / Fills an enclosed area or selected objects with a hatch pattern, solid fill, or gradient fill.
– HE → HATCHEDIT / Modifies an existing hatch or fill.
– HI → HIDE / Regenerates a 3D wireframe model with hidden lines suppressed.
– I → INSERT / Inserts a block or drawing into the current drawing.
– IAD → IMAGEADJUST / Controls the image display of the brightness, contrast, and fade values of images.
– IAT → IMAGEATTACH / Inserts a reference to an image file.
– ICL → IMAGECLIP / Crops the display of a selected image to a specified boundary.
– ID → ID / Displays the UCS coordinate values of a specified location.
– IM → IMAGE / Displays the External References palette.
– IMP → IMPORT / Imports files of different formats into the current drawing.
– IN → INTERSECT / Creates a 3D solid, surface, or 2D region from overlapping solids, surfaces, or regions.
– INF → INTERFERE / Creates a temporary 3D solid from the interferences between two sets of selected 3D solids.
– IO → INSERTOBJ / Inserts a linked or embedded object.
– J → JOIN / Joins similar objects to form a single, unbroken object.
– JOG DIMJOGGED / Creates jogged dimensions for circles and arcs.
– L → LINE / Creates straight line segments.
– LA → LAYER / Manages layers and layer properties.
– LAS → LAYERSTATE / Saves, restores, and manages named layer states.
– LE → QLEADER / Creates a leader and leader annotation.
– LEN → LENGTHEN / Changes the length of objects and the included angle of arcs.
– LESS → MESHSMOOTHLESS / Decreases the level of smoothness for mesh objects by one level.
– LI → LIST / Displays property data for selected objects.
– LO → LAYOUT / Creates and modifies drawing layout tabs.
– LT → LINETYPE / Loads, sets, and modifies linetypes.
– LTS → LTSCALE / Changes the scale factor of linetypes for all objects in a drawing.
– LW → LWEIGHT / Sets the current lineweight, lineweight display options, and lineweight units.
– M → MOVE / Moves objects a specified distance in a specified direction.
– MA → MATCHPROP / Applies the properties of a selected object to other objects.
– ME → MEASURE / Joins similar objects to form a single, unbroken object.
– MEA → MEASUREGEOM / Measures the distance, radius, angle, area, and volume of selected objects or sequence of points.
– MI → MIRROR / Creates a mirrored copy of selected objects.
– ML → MLINE / Creates multiple parallel lines.
– MLA → MLEADERALIGN / Aligns and spaces selected multileader objects.
– MLC → MLEADERCOLLECT / Organizes selected multileaders that contain blocks into rows or columns, and displays the result with a single leader.
– MLD → MLEADER / Creates a multileader object.
– MLE → MLEADEREDIT / Adds leader lines to, or removes leader lines from, a multileader object.
– MLS → MLEADERSTYLE / Creates and modifies multileader styles.
– MO → PROPERTIES / Controls properties of existing objects.
– MORE → MESHSMOOTHMORE / Increases the level of smoothness for mesh objects by one level.
– MS → MSPACE / Switches from paper space to a model space viewport.
– MSM → MARKUP / Opens the Markup Set Manager.
– MT → MTEXT / Creates a multiline text object.
– MV → MVIEW / Creates and controls layout viewports.
– NORTH → GEOGRAPHICLOCATION / Specifies the geographic location information for a drawing file.
– NSHOT → NEWSHOT / Creates a named view with motion that is played back when viewed with ShowMotion.
– NVIEW → NEWVIEW / Creates a named view with no motion.
– O → OFFSET / Creates concentric circles, parallel lines, and parallel curves.
– OFFSETSRF SURFOFFSET/ Creates a parallel surface or solid by setting an offset distance from a surface.
– OP → OPTIONS / Customizes the program settings.
– ORBIT / 3DO → 3DORBIT / Rotates the view in 3D space, but constrained to horizontal and vertical orbit only.
– OS → OSNAP / Sets running object snap modes.
– P → PAN / Adds a parameter with grips to a dynamic block definition.
– PA → PASTESPEC / Pastes objects from the Clipboard into the current drawing and controls the format of the data.
– PAR → PARAMETERS / Controls the associative parameters used in the drawing.
– PARAM → BPARAMETER / Adds a parameter with grips to a dynamic block definition.
– PATCH → SURFPATCH / Creates a new surface by fitting a cap over a surface edge that forms a closed loop.
– PCATTACH → POINTCLOUDATTACH / Inserts an indexed point cloud file into the current drawing.
– PE → PEDIT / Edits polylines and 3D polygon meshes.
– PL → PLINE / Creates a 2D polyline.
– PO → POINT / Creates a point object.
– POFF → HIDEPALETTES / Hides currently displayed palettes (including the command line).
– POL → POLYGON / Creates an equilateral closed polyline.
– PON → SHOWPALETTES / Restores the display of hidden palettes.
– PR → PROPERTIES / Displays Properties palette.
– PRE → PREVIEW / Displays the drawing as it will be plotted.
– PRINT → PLOT / Plots a drawing to a plotter, printer, or file.
– PS → PSPACE / Switches from a model space viewport to paper space.
– PSOLID → POLYSOLID / Creates a 3D wall-like polysolid.
– PU → PURGE / Removes unused items, such as block definitions and layers, from the drawing.
– PYR → PYRAMID / Creates a 3D solid pyramid.
– QC → QUICKCALC / Opens the QuickCalc calculator.
– QCUI → QUICKCUI / Displays the Customize User Interface Editor in a collapsed state.
– QP → QUICKPROPERTIES / Displays open drawings and layouts in a drawing in preview images.
– Q → QSAVE / Saves the current drawing.
– QVD → QVDRAWING / Displays open drawings and layouts in a drawing using preview images.
– QVDC → QVDRAWINGCLOSE / Closes preview images of open drawings and layouts in a drawing.
– QVL → QVLAYOUT / Displays preview images of model space and layouts in a drawing.
– QVLC → QVLAYOUTCLOSE / Closes preview images of model space and layouts in the current drawing.
– R → REDRAW / Refreshes the display in the current viewport.
– RA → REDRAWALL / Refreshes the display in all viewports.
– RC → RENDERCROP / Renders a specified rectangular area, called a crop window, within a viewport.
– RE → REGEN / Regenerates the entire drawing from the current viewport.
– REA → REGENALL / Regenerates the drawing and refreshes all viewports.
– REC → RECTANG / Creates a rectangular polyline.
– REG → REGION / Converts an object that encloses an area into a region object.
– REN → RENAME / Changes the names assigned to items such as layers and dimension styles.
– REV → REVOLVE / Creates a 3D solid or surface by sweeping a 2D object around an axis.
– RO → ROTATE / Rotates objects around a base point.
– RP → RENDERPRESETS / Specifies render presets, reusable rendering parameters, for rendering an image.
– RR → RENDER / Creates a photorealistic or realistically shaded image of a 3D solid or surface model.
– RW → RENDERWIN / Displays the Render window without starting a rendering operation.
– S → STRETCH / Stretches objects crossed by a selection window or polygon.
– SC → SCALE / Enlarges or reduces selected objects, keeping the proportions of the object the same after scaling.
– SCR → SCRIPT / Executes a sequence of commands from a script file.
– SEC → SECTION / Uses the intersection of a plane and solids, surfaces, or mesh to create a region.
– SET → SETVAR / Lists or changes the values of system variables.
– SHA → SHADEMODE / Starts the VSCURRENT command.
– SL → SLICE / Creates new 3D solids and surfaces by slicing, or dividing, existing objects.
– SN → SNAP / Restricts cursor movement to specified intervals.
– SO → SOLID / Creates solid-filled triangles and quadrilaterals.
– SP → SPELL / Checks spelling in a drawing.
– SPE → SPLINEDIT / Edits a spline or spline-fit polyline.
– SPL → SPLINE / Creates a smooth curve that passes through or near specified points.
– SPLANE → SECTIONPLANE / Creates a section object that acts as a cutting plane through 3D objects.
– SPLAY → SEQUENCEPLAY / Plays named views in one category.
– SPLIT → MESHSPLIT / Splits a mesh face into two faces.
– SSM → SHEETSET / Opens the Sheet Set Manager.
– ST → STYLE / Creates, modifies, or specifies text styles.
– STA → STANDARDS / Manages the association of standards files with drawings.
– SU → SUBTRACT / Combines selected 3D solids, surfaces, or 2D regions by subtraction.
– T → MTEXT / Creates a multiline text object.
– TA → TEXTALIGN / Aligns multiple text objects vertically, horizontally, or obliquely.
– TB → TABLE / Creates an empty table object.
– TED → TEXTEDIT / Edits a dimensional constraint, dimension, or text object.
– TH → THICKNESS / Sets the default 3D thickness property when creating 2D geometric objects.
– TI → TILEMODE / Controls whether paper space can be accessed.
– TOL → TOLERANCE / Creates geometric tolerances contained in a feature control frame.
– TOR → TORUS / Creates a donut-shaped 3D solid.
– TP → TOOLPALETTES / Opens the Tool Palettes window.
– TR → TRIM / Trims objects to meet the edges of other objects.
– TS → TABLESTYLE / Creates, modifies, or specifies table styles.
– UC → UCSMAN / Manages defined user coordinate systems.
– UN → UNITS / Controls coordinate and angle display formats and precision.
– UNHIDE / UNISOLATE → UNISOLATEOBJECTS / Displays objects previously hidden with the ISOLATEOBJECTS or HIDEOBJECTS command.
– UNI → UNION / Unions two solid or two region objects.
– V → VIEW / Saves and restores named views, camera views, layout views, and preset views.
– VGO → VIEWGO / Restores a named view.
– VP → VPOINT / Sets the 3D viewing direction.
– VPLAY → VIEWPLAY / Plays the animation associated with a named view.
– VS → VSCURRENT / Sets the visual style in the current viewport.
– VSM → VISUALSTYLES / Creates and modifies visual styles and applies a visual style to a viewport.
– W → WBLOCK / Writes objects or a block to a new drawing file.
– WE → WEDGE / Creates a 3D solid wedge.
– WHEEL → NAVSWHEEL / Displays a wheel that contains a collection of view navigation tools.
– X → EXPLODE / Breaks a compound object into its component objects.
– XA → XATTACH / Inserts a DWG file as an external reference (xref).
– XB → XBIND / Binds one or more definitions of named objects in an xref to the current drawing.
– XC → XCLIP / Crops the display of a selected external reference or block reference to a specified boundary.
– XL → XLINE / Creates a line of infinite length.
– XR → XREF / Starts the EXTERNALREFERENCES command.
– Z → ZOOM / Increases or decreases the magnification of the view in the current viewport.
– ZEBRA → ANALYSISZEBRA / Projects stripes onto a 3D model to analyze surface continuity.
– ZIP → ETRANSMIT / Creates a Self-Extracting or Zipped Transmittal Package.