Last Updated on October 12, 2019 by Admin
Table of Contents
Job Title: Project Controls – Cost Controller – Faridabad/Vadodara
Shaping energy solutions to empower sustainable connectivity.
We combine SNC-Lavalin’s project management expertise and ABB’s deep technological knowledge to create a company dedicated to substations – we are Linxon.
Linxon is a joint venture company set up by SNC-Lavalin and ABB to execute turnkey electrical AC substation projects, combining SNC-Lavalin’s project management expertise and ABB’s deep technological knowledge.
Linxon’s vision is to deliver the best market offer for turnkey substation projects through world-class power technologies and highest level of competence in managing infrastructure projects
Linxon – A Leading Engineering Company:
As one of the leading engineering companies, we help our customers with turnkey solutions in the field of substations for power transmission, renewable energy and transportation.
As a single point of contact, we combine the accumulated knowhow of key-suppliers and contractors so that customers benefit from efficient solutions, increased industrial productivity and a lower environmental impact in a sustainable way.
Open Position: Cost Controller
As part of the project controls team, you will perform project scope and cost control functions for a number of construction projects. You will play a vital role in successfully executing projects from tendering to project closeout. As Cost Controller, you will provide guidance to the project manager and the project team. You are responsible for continuous measurement, update, analysis, and reporting of cost, progress, performance and development as well as for implementation of aligned project specific strategies for cost control.
Responsibilities and Tasks include:
- Implementing and maintaining the company’s Integrated Project Controls System
- Identifying and applying Project Controls best practices
- Developing detailed Projects Cost Structures and coding under the Standard Work Breakdown Structures for various project types
- Supporting tendering activities with detailed cost estimates and cashflows
- Working closely with Project Management and other project stakeholders
- Working closely with finance and project accounting to keep accuracy on cost allocation
- Compiling, monitoring and reporting project performance, costs and progress
- Performing variance analysis and developing effective strategies and recovery plans to bring cost in line with budget
- Monitoring trends and supporting the preparation of the cost to complete estimate
- Participate in and contribute to risk and opportunities assessments
- Deploying earned value management
- Defining and implementing basis for progress measurement and rules of credit
- Cash flow development, reporting and forecasting
- Liaising with the client, representing Linxon at a high standard
- Supporting contract management on claims and change orders
- Supporting resource load planning and scheduling
- Maintaining and developing cost database for benchmarking
- Performing and coordinating ad-hoc project controls analysis and support
- Adhere to all safety, health, and environmental rules and regulations
- Assisting project management to develop and enforce lessons learned within the company
- Contributing to Linxon worldwide development, assisting other regions to build a strong knowledge networking
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Extensive experience in Project Controls, especially project costing, estimating and cost control functions
- Knowledge of engineering, procurement, and construction management with focus on EPC contract models
- Field and construction experience
- Knowledgeable in Total Cost Management
- Experience in budget allocation and establishing Cost Baselines
- Good understanding of Earned Value Management (EVM)
- Ability to gather and analyse data, draw conclusions and make appropriate recommendations
- Risk management experience
- Quality-focused with strong attention to detail
- Strong and effective communicator
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to deliver under minimal direct supervision
- Develop good working practices and continually strive for improvements in cooperation with other project offices
- Proficiency in Project Controls Software and strong MS Excel skills for analysis and reporting
- Familiarity with industry practices
- Minimum 7 years of relevant job experience with graduate engineering degree . MBA(Finance) will be an added advantage.
- Ability to meet safety requirements to attend site visits
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Knowledge of EcoSys and Primavera P6 software
- Strong background in T&D industry
- Certified Estimating Professional, Certified Cost Professional, Project Management Professional or equivalent credential(s)
Company Website: https://www.snclavalin.com/en