Last Updated on July 21, 2021 by Admin
Construction Management is the sought-after career for civil engineers and architects. Kindly check below the top and the best construction Management courses, construction management masters programs, and construction project management courses offered by various colleges in universities in Canada.
Construction Management Courses and Colleges In Canada
We have compiled below the list of the courses from various colleges, institutes, and universities in Canada. You can find here the PGDM in construction management in Canada, the best construction management colleges in Canada.
The University of British Columbia construction management Canada, centennial college construction management, masters in construction management, construction management courses in Canada for diploma, degree, and post-graduate programs for full time, part-time and online mode.
Read More About;
- What are some of the best construction management books?
- MBA Construction Management Courses In India | Updated List 2021
- Top Construction Management Online Courses To Study In 2021
- Construction Management In Australia Courses and Universities
Why Study Construction Management In Canada?
Canada is among the top destinations for students to study abroad. Students prefer Canada for higher education on account of various reasons like Canada is a friendly, safe country with a high standard of living. Low crime rates, great student health benefits, and universities focused on student security and safety.
Canada consistently ranks as one of the best countries in the world—and is currently the #1 best country for quality of life. Study in Canada, and you’ll receive an internationally recognized education from some of the top educators and academics in the world. Canada has become an ideal place for higher education studies, sought by many prospective international students
Canada places a lot of importance on education and maintains very high standards in education. Canada is a bilingual country, which makes studying here an excellent opportunity to develop your language skills and boost your prospects for an interesting career.
Coursework in French and English is an integral part of Canada’s educational system, which enriches its cultural and community life.
Top Construction Management Colleges In Canada
Below is the list of the top and the best construction management universities and colleges offering various construction management diplomas, degrees, and postgraduate programs for engineers.
1. British Columbia Institute of Technology -BCIT
BCIT is one of the few educational institutions in Canada offering a bachelor’s degree in construction management. This is a degree completion program – it provides years 3 and 4 of a 4-year bachelor’s degree. Applicants must have the equivalent of 2 years of post-secondary training prior to admission.
CMGT 8040 – Building – Civil Services
CMGT 8050 – Budgeting/Conceptual Estimating
CMGT 8060 – Risk Management in Design and Construction of Buildings
2. George Brown College – Construction Management Courses In Canada
George Brown College of Applied Arts and Technology is a public, fully accredited college of applied arts and technology with three full campuses in downtown Toronto. Like many other colleges in Ontario, GBC was chartered in 1966 by the government of Ontario and opened the next year.
Courses Offered: Construction Management Programs
Explore our variety of programs to find the right fit for your interests, from Civil Engineering Technician to Drywall Systems Estimating and from Building Information Modeling (BIM) Management to Bachelor of Technology.
- Construction Engineering Technician (T161)
- ADVANCED DIPLOMA PROGRAMS
- Civil Engineering Technology (T164)
- Construction Engineering Technology (T105)
- Honours Bachelor of Technology (Construction Management) (T312)
- Honours Bachelor of Technology (Construction Management) (Bridging) (T313)
- Honours Bachelor of Technology (Construction Management) (Bridging) (T314)
- Honours Bachelor of Technology (Construction Management) (Bridging) (T316)
- Honours Bachelor of Technology (Construction Management) (Bridging) (T317)
- Building Information Modeling Management (BIM) (Postgraduate) (T412)
- Construction Management (for Internationally Educated Professionals) (Postgraduate) (T403)
- Residential Construction Management (Postgraduate) (T408)
3. Conestoga College
Conestoga College Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning is a public college located in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada.
Courses Offered: Construction Management (Optional Co-op)
This two-year graduate certificate is designed to provide students with the skills and knowledge to effectively initiate, plan, control, and commission construction projects.
4. Red River College – Construction Management Courses In Canada
Red River College is a college located in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. It is the province’s largest institute of applied learning and applied research, with over 200 degrees, diploma and certificate programs, and more than 21,000 students annually.
Courses Offered: Engineering and Construction Technology
Specialization: Construction Management
5. Saskatchewan Polytechnic
Saskatchewan Polytechnic serves students through applied learning opportunities at campuses in Moose Jaw, Prince Albert, Regina, and Saskatoon, and through extensive distance education opportunities.
Programs serve every economic and public service sector. As a polytechnic, the organization provides the depth of learning appropriate to employer and student needs, including certificate, diploma and degree programs, and apprenticeship training.
Saskatchewan Polytechnic engages in applied research, drawing on faculty expertise to support innovation by employers, and providing students the opportunity to develop critical thinking skills.
Course Offered: Bachelor of Construction Management
Kindly check here the various Other courses offered by Saskatchewan Polytechnic
6. Centennial College
Centennial College of Applied Arts and Technology is a diploma and degree-granting college located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is the oldest publicly funded college in Ontario.
Courses Offered: Construction Project Management
The Construction Project Management program at Centennial College will focus on the study of the management and technological aspects of residential, industrial, commercial, and institutional construction projects as well as engineering and infrastructure construction.
7. Dalhousie University
Dalhousie University is a public research university in Nova Scotia, Canada, with three campuses in Halifax, a fourth in Bible Hill, and medical teaching facilities in Saint John, New Brunswick.
Courses Offered: Construction Management Certificate Program (100% Online)
This certificate is a 100% online program. It consists of three modules covering an introduction to the management of construction projects.
It will include types of construction contracts, project planning, and scheduling, controlling of time, cost and quality, quality assurance and quality control of projects, communication management, risk management, resource allocations, procurement management, project closing, and Health and Safety Act and labor relations.
8. The University of British Columbia – UBC
The University of British Columbia (UBC) is a global center for teaching, learning, and research, consistently ranked among the top 20 public universities in the world and recently recognized as North America’s most international university.
Courses Offered: Project and Construction Management
Kindly check here the other various undergraduate and postgraduate programs offered by the civil department of UBS
9. University of Calgary
The University of Calgary is a public research university located in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. The University of Calgary started in 1944 as the Calgary branch of the University of Alberta, founded in 1908, prior to being instituted into a separate, autonomous university in 1966.
Download Now: The Great Construction Career – A Career Blueprint
10. Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT)
The Southern Alberta Institute of Technology is a polytechnic institute in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. SAIT offers more than 100 career programs in technology, trades, and business. SAIT is a member of Polytechnics Canada and one of Alberta’s Top 50 Employers.
- Construction Business Courses
- Construction Estimating Certificate of Achievement
- Construction General Interest Courses
- Construction Management Certificate of Achievement
- Construction Planning Certificate of Achievement
- Construction Pre-Trades Certificate of Achievement
- Construction Professional Upgrading and Safety Courses
- Bachelor of Science Construction Project Management
- Construction Industry Practices – CSTN 138
- Construction Management Foundations – CSTN 195
- Construction Planning Overview – CSTN 144
- Construction Project Management – CPMT 100
- Construction Risk Management – CSTN 145
- Construction Trades Business Startup – CSTN 002
- Building Construction and Measurement – CPMT 001
- Commercial Construction Fundamentals – CSTN 152
- Residential Construction Fundamentals – CSTN 163
- Principles of Construction Documentation – CNST 002
- School of Construction Study Tour – FISC 101
- Pipeline Design and Construction – PIPE 112
11. Northern Alberta Institute of Technology – NAIT
The Northern Alberta Institute of Technology is a polytechnic and applied sciences institute in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. NAIT provides careers programs in applied research, technical training, applied education, and learning designed to meet the demands of Alberta’s technical and knowledge-based industries
- Alternative Energy Technology
- Architectural Technology
- Architectural Technology – Structured Part-Time Pathway
- Asbestos Removal and Abatement Certificate
- AutoCAD Operator
- Bachelor of Technology in Construction Management
- Blueprint Reading
- Civil Engineering Technology
- CNC Machinist Technician
- Construction Administrative Controls
- Construction Engineering Technology
- Construction Estimating
- Construction Estimating and Administrative Controls
- Construction Trades Courses
Kindly check here the various other courses offered by NAIT.
12. University of Alberta – Construction Management Courses In Canada
The University of Alberta is a public research university located in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. It was founded in 1908 by Alexander Cameron Rutherford, the first premier of Alberta, and Henry Marshall Tory, its first president. Its enabling legislation is the Post-secondary Learning Act.
Course Offered: Construction Management & Administration Certificate
Courses in this program are accredited for the Gold Seal certification (Canadian Construction Association) and for the Blue Seal certificate (Alberta Advanced Education—Apprenticeship and Industry Training).
13. Sheridan College
An award-winning institution, Sheridan attracts students from across Canada and around the world. Sheridan’s 175,000 alumni play a critical role in shaping the future of our society in the fields of arts, business, community service, health, technology, and skilled trades.
Course Offered: Commercial Construction Management
If you want a management career in the construction industry, enroll in Sheridan’s Commercial Construction Management program. You’ll learn, online, how to create project plans, documents, estimates, and construction schedules that will turn into skyscrapers and homes.
14. NSCC: Nova Scotia Community College
Nova Scotia Community College is transforming our province. Through our network of 14 campuses, we provide Nova Scotians with inclusive and flexible access to education and the specialized, industry-driven training for today and tomorrow’s workforce.
We believe the future of the province lies in the power of learning, which is why we care about the success of every student – in education, in career, and in life.
Course Offered: Construction Management Technology
15. Algonquin College – Construction Management Courses In Canada
Algonquin College of Applied Arts and Technology is a publicly funded English-language college located in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. The college serves the National Capital Region and the outlying areas of Eastern Ontario, Western Quebec, and Upstate New York
- Building Information Modeling – Lifecycle Management
- Construction Project Management – Full time online
- Energy Management (Co-op and Non-Co-op Version) – Full time on campus 1 year
Learn About The Canadian Citizenship Practice Test 2021: Prepare to Pass
The NBCC Alumni Association is here to support all graduates of NBCC. We encourage you to explore our site and sign up to join 10,000+ of your fellow grads in our alumni community where you’ll have access to the latest alumni news, events, contests, and great discounts & benefits exclusive to Alumni members.
Courses Offered: Building Engineering Technology: Construction Management
17. Niagara College Canada
The Niagara College of Applied Arts and Technology is a public College of Applied Arts and Technology within the Niagara Region of Southern Ontario, Canada. The college has three campuses: the Welland Campus in Welland, the Niagara-on-the-Lake Campus in Niagara-on-the-Lake, and the Taif Campus in Ta’if, Saudi Arabia.
Course Offered: Construction Engineering Technology (Construction Management)
18. Fanshawe College – Construction Management Courses In Canada
Fanshawe College of Applied Arts and Technology, commonly shortened to Fanshawe College, is a public college in Southwestern Ontario, Canada. One of the largest colleges in Canada, it has campuses in London, Simcoe, St. Thomas, and Woodstock with additional locations in Southwestern Ontario.
Course offered: Construction Project Management
19. Keyano College
Keyano College is a post-secondary college located in Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada. It offers specialized training to more than 2100 full-time students and over 4,000 part-time students.
Course Offered: Construction Management
Download now: Civil Engineering Interview Questions and Answers eBook
20. Canadore College
Canadore College is a college of applied arts and technology located in North Bay, Ontario, Canada. It was founded in 1967 as a campus of Sudbury’s Cambrian College and became an independent institution in 1972. Canadore College has four campuses in North Bay, Ontario, and a campus in Parry Sound, Ontario
- Construction Project Management
- Building Construction Dual Credit
- Building Construction Technician
- Renovation Techniques – Construction Carpentry
- General Carpenter Apprenticeship
- Civil Engineering – Technology
21. Mohawk College – Construction Management Courses In Canada
Mohawk College of Applied Arts and Technology is a public college of applied arts and technology located in Hamilton, Ontario,
Course Offered: Commercial Construction Management
22. Carleton university
Canada’s Capital University, Carleton University is a dynamic research and teaching institution dedicated to achieving the highest standards of scholarship.
Course Offered: Construction Management