Last Updated on May 29, 2022 by Admin
The importance of a foreign language has never been more critical than today, thanks to the diverse career possibilities in foreign languages. It’s no surprise that today, learning a foreign language is now regarded as a full-time career objective. IThis article has tried to explain the highest-paid foreign languages to understand in 2022.
Most Important Foreign Languages
Learning a foreign language gives you an advantage in all aspects of life – Education, business, social, intellectual, etc.
The world is becoming a globalized place, and nothing enhances your chances of being prosperous in this world, like knowing a language other than your native one. Mastering a foreign language always gives you an advantage over others.
Remember that the closer your native language is to your to-be-learned language, the easier it will be for you to grasp it properly. It might pretend some difficulties for you while learning a new language if your native language is much different from your to-be-learned language. The below mentioned are also the highest-paid foreign language in India.
For example, a native English speaker can quickly learn Spanish/Swedish, but it may be difficult for them when trying to learn Chinese/Hindi as these are vastly different languages.
Learning a particular language is not rocket science; if you are willing to put in sincere efforts, you will be able to be proficient in any language you want. Kindly check the below-mentioned foreign languages list.
Why Learn a Foreign Language?
Whether you’re interested in enhancing your career opportunities or exploring international employment, improving your business drive or looking for adventure, or just checking off your bucket list, there are countless reasons to learn a foreign language.
When you have a question in your mind, which foreign language has more scope in India? And which foreign language has more job opportunities? kindly check the below list to get your answer as these foreign languages are in demand in India in 2022 and beyond.
- Top 15 Books for Beginners Job Seekers To Read In 2022
- Moving to Canada | Your Guide to Immigrate to Canada in 2022
- Join this Career Planning & Self Development Master Class [10 Courses] Only for $39.99
- A Free Online Course on How to Succeed at Online Interview
The language learning market is changing rapidly due to the globalization of the economy and the adoption of cost-efficient technology-based products.
According to Verified Market Research, The Global Online Language Learning Market was valued at USD 12.49 billion in 2019 and is projected to reach USD 25.73 billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 10.2% from 2022 to 2027.
In today’s scenario, the importance of foreign languages is that knowing one international language is essential. It not only makes you superior to most in the market but also opens doors of opportunities. One can go for part-time or full-time foreign language learning courses from many universities and various online eLearning platforms. Also, foreign language salaries in India offered by different companies are very lucrative.
How to Choose a Language to Study?
Choosing which language you should learn can be an intimidating task and a big decision since you will invest your time and possibly money into it. Whatever you choose, make sure that you enjoy the study process and truly invest yourself in studying.
Mastering a new language takes time and patience. Which foreign language to learn is a highly subjective topic and harder to answer. You choose as per your future objective, job market, and interest. You can check here the foreign languages list more in demand in 2022.
Specific languages are more popular and widely spoken than others. However, knowing which one to learn is the most important before learning a foreign language. The following are the various aspects of a language you need to check before starting.
- Number of speakers across the world
- Growth in the number of native speakers
- Consider the cost
- Check job prospects
- Identify your goals
- Difficulty level
- Personal preference
- Your interest in a language
- Target country
- Sectors or Industries
- Possible immigration
- Future goals
- Decide Your Motive
- Consider Studying Abroad
- The economic power of countries that speak the language
Where To Learn A Language
There are various online and regular classes almost in every country to learn any foreign languages. We have recommended the following best websites to learn a foreign language in your comfort from your home/office.
1. Coursera: Learn any foreign languages from the world’s top universities and institutes.
2. John Academy: One of the best online platforms offering various foreign language courses.
3. Udemy: You can find online courses in almost every subject. Best online platform to learn any foreign languages at home or office
4. FutureLearn: Learn new skills, pursue your interests, or advance your career with our short online courses. One of the best platforms to learn foreign languages.
Highest Paid Foreign Languages In 2022
The following are the six most in-demand foreign languages for jobs to learn to find better career prospects, explore new opportunities, and get acquainted with the new culture. Kindly check below the most in-demand foreign language is in demand in India in 2022.
English is the largest language by the number of speakers and the third most spoken native language globally. It is the most widely learned second language and is either the official language or one of the official languages in almost 67 sovereign countries.
More people have learned it as a second language than there are native speakers. It is estimated that there are over 2 billion speakers of English. You can learn online English as a foreign language.
English is the most commonly spoken language in the United Kingdom, the United States, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand. It is widely spoken in some areas of the Caribbean, Africa, and South Asia. English has developed over the course of more than 1,400 years.
Learning English is essential as it enables you to communicate with literally anyone on earth! It is one of the highest-paid foreign languages in the world. Also, English is widely used for essay writing as well.
Since English is spoken in so many different countries, people worldwide decide to study it as a second language. Proficiency in speaking and English writing is essential for personal and business purposes.
- Native Speakers: 360-400 Million
- Non-native Speakers: 600-700 Million
- Official Language in the USA, United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and over 55 other countries.
- I unofficially Spoken in UAE, Germany, and over 40 other countries.
Learn the English Language online in 2022 to find great career and job opportunities.
French is a romance language with 80 million native and over 153 million non-native speakers. Because of France’s colonial past, more people speak this language outside France than in France.
People learn French for pleasure and business alike. Did you know that there are more French speakers outside France than in France?
France’s colonial history played a big part in making French the second-most widely spoken language in Europe. It is also taught as a foreign language in schools in many countries across the globe, making French the second most commonly learned foreign language globally.
- Native Speakers: 80 Million
- Non-native Speakers: 153 Million
- Official Language in France, Canada, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Madagascar, Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Niger, Burkina Faso, Mali, Senegal, Chad, Guinea, Rwanda, Belgium, Burundi, Benin, Haiti, Switzerland, Togo, Central African Republic, Republic of the Congo, Gabon, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Comoros, Luxembourg, Vanuatu, Seychelles, and Monaco.
- Unofficially Spoken in Algeria, Albania, Andorra, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Cape Verde, Dominica, Egypt, Greece, Laos, Lebanon, Morocco, Macedonia, Mauritania, Mauritius, Moldova, Romania, Saint-Lucia, Tunisia, and Vietnam.
From Canada to France to Switzerland to Morocco, various immersive settings are available to study up the language of fashion, philosophy, and romance.
More than 220 million people speak French, and as the language of international relations.
French is the most popular foreign language to learn in India, and the reasons to learn French are apparent. With over 30 French-speaking countries around the globe, It is spoken by roughly 300 million French speakers across the world. According to Forbes, there will be 750 million French speakers worldwide by 2050.
French continues to be a top choice among students, both at the school and University levels. French contributes more than 50% of original words to the English language, so Indians fancy it so much as it becomes relatively easier to learn. French language salary in India for a translator is ₹482,154 (Basic Salary)
One of the highest-paid foreign languages. Within Europe, France is the third most popular destination for international students, including India. Another reason is India’s craze about Canada, where French is one of the two official languages.
- Top 10 Foreign Language Courses [2022 Updated Courses]
- The Best Ways to Learn English Effectively in 2022
- Top 7 Ways Creative People Choose an Online Course
- Top 5 Online Interior Design Courses for Beginners
Germany has the highest GDP in Europe, and it’s another economic powerhouse where people are going to find new careers. Knowing German in business will offer you the highest bonuses over the other languages.
It’s one of the three official languages of the European Union, and it’s the most widely spoken language in Europe, especially in Central and Eastern Europe.
The German language ranks as the most widely spoken native language in Europe and is one of the three official languages of the European Union. In addition, it is the lingua franca of Central and Eastern Europe.
Learning German has enormous potential advantages, from finding new jobs to boosting your university career. If you’re interested in studying abroad, you can study for free at any public university in Germany!
- Native Speakers: 110 Million (Est.)
- Non-native Speakers: 52 Million
- Official Language in Germany, Belgium, Austria, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein.
- Unofficially Spoken in Brazil, Bosnia, and Herzegovina, Czech Republic, Denmark, Hungary, Italy, Kazakhstan, Namibia, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Ukraine.
Program duration options vary from a week to more than a year, but six months is recommended to be proficient, thanks to English being a Germanic language.
After French, German is the most famous foreign language among Indians. It is spoken by over 100 million native speakers and 185 million speakers worldwide.
German is one of the highest-paid foreign languages. It is also the most spoken native language of Europe. Besides, German is the second most commonly used language on the internet.
Whether you want to pursue further studies, do business in Germany, Switzerland, or Austria, or enhance your employment opportunities in engineering, automobile, power and utility, management, medical and healthcare, etc., German is the language to learn.
The Spanish language has spread widely across Europe and the Americas, making it a number one language to learn in 2022, after Mandarin Chinese. With Spanish-speaking countries being among the leaders in the globalized economy, you should take this opportunity.
Spanish culture, arts, and music have always made the Spanish language a popular and favorite one to learn. It is one of the most commonly spoken languages after Mandarin Chinese.
The Spanish language is spoken in Spain, South and Central America. It is also said primarily used in the United States.
- Native Speakers: 470 Million
- Non-native Speakers: 100 Million
- Official Language in: Mexico, Colombia, Spain, Argentina, Peru, Venezuela, Chile, Ecuador, Guatemala, Cuba, Bolivia, Dominican Republic, Honduras, Paraguay, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Panama, Uruguay, and Equatorial Guinea.
- Unofficially Spoken in Andorra, Belize, Gibraltar, and the United States.
Spanish is the second most commonly spoken language globally and valuable to business deals, and it’s a top pick for the most demanded foreign language to learn. While learning any language can be difficult, language experts rank Spanish as one of the easiest languages to pick up for English learners.
With intense, immersive studying, you’re well on your way to being able to speak to anyone in the world. Programs offer short-term or long-term sessions, but six months is recommended.
Spanish is probably one of the easiest languages to learn for Indians. Spanish syntax and grammar are straightforward in that their vocabulary is highly similar to English.
You can pronounce most Spanish words with little effort. One of the highest-paid foreign languages.
Suppose you don’t want to be left behind in the future scheme of things (especially in the translators, diplomats, teachers, and travel career prospect fields). Spanish is one of the best foreign languages to learn for jobs.
According to Ethnologue, Italian is 21 on the world’s most widely spoken languages list. With a meager 63 million native speakers, Italian may seem like the least widely spoken language globally; however, you would be surprised to know that it is the most studied language in the world for culture and pleasure.
Italian is the fourth most studied language in US colleges and high schools with a 20% growth in enrollment rate, growing faster than any other language.
- Native Speakers: 67 Million
- Non-native Speakers: 13.4 Million
- Official Language in Italy, Vatican City, San Marino, Croatia, Slovenia, and Switzerland.
- Unofficially Spoken in Albania, Belgium, France, Germany, Greece, Luxembourg, Malta, and Eritrea.
Italian is of the best languages to learn in 2022.
Arabic is the official language of the 22 countries that form the Arab League. There are more than 300 million Arabic speakers worldwide, though they predominantly live in the region stretching across the Middle East and North Africa. It is also one of the six official languages of the United Nations (UN)
The Arabic language ranks second among the highest-paid translation languages, with Arabic translators earning approximately £34,122 annually. Being the language of the biggest oil-rich country globally, you can be made more money by learning this language.
- Native Speakers: 310 Million
- Non-native Speakers: 270 Million
- Official Language in Modern Standard Arabic is the official language of 26 states and one disputed territory, the third most after English and French.
- Unofficially Spoken in Brunei, Ceuta, Cyprus, Eritrea, Indonesia, Israel, Mali, Melilla, Niger, Pakistan, Senegal, and South Sudan
One of the UN’s official languages out of six languages. Arabic Language Day is observed annually on December 18.
In today’s competitive, evolving, and ever-shrinking world, there’s an exponential demand for jobs requiring a foreign language; multilingualism has become more than necessary. The world is evolving more multicultural than ever before.
Whether viewed from the financial or social aspect, communicating in a foreign language helps to make a ‘real connection with people and provides a better understanding of your language.
You can increase your chances of being successful by knowing a second language. Learning a new language can open doors and create endless opportunities for you. Kindly consider the above-listed highest-paid foreign languages to excel in your career progression in 2022.