Last Updated on March 24, 2022 by Admin
Billing is the documentary aspect of the work done, through which payments can be made to the person involved in the contract and responsible for completing the work. Incomplete billing can cause considerable losses to the contractor or the client. Do you have the skills and experience needed to become a billing engineer? Find out what it’s like to work as a billing engineer in this article!
Every organization should maintain specific procedural systems, methods, and norms for preparing bills and forwarding them through the proper channels for payments to the client and contractor. Bills are generally prepared by the client, contractor, sub-contractor, and different vendors for their payment and the proper execution of the works at the sites.
There is a massive opportunity for civil engineers who are beginners and working professionals to get a job in the construction companies as a Billing Engineer by doing professional training in the Billing Engineering Course.
Duties and Responsibilities of a Billing Engineer
Billing Engineer Maintain and balanced the cash flow generations and workflow of any projects at the sites by monitoring the works from the office itself. Every Billing Engineer must know estimation and cost, BBS (Bar Bending Schedule), Rate analysis as per as DAR and market rate, Labour and machinery analysis, which enables them to the billing works at a different stage of Construction with efficiency and accuracy. Almost every construction company around the globe always demands and releases a large number of vacancies for the Billing Engineer post.
- Various Construction Job Titles and Job Descriptions In the Construction Industry
- Real Estate Analyst Job Description and Salary Details
Billing Engineer Job Titles
- Billing Engineer
- Senior Billing Engineer
- Planning and Billing Engineer
- Estimation and Billing Engineer
- Quantity Surveyor Cum Billing Engineer
- Tendering and Billing Engineer
B.E./B.Tech In Civil Engineering
Various Roles and Responsibilities of a billing engineer working in a Construction contracting firm
Listed below are the essential roles and responsibilities of a Billing Engineer.
- Prepare measurement sheet from on-site data & drawings
- Prepare bill of quantities & bills with rates from Tender
- Get the statements certified from the client.
- Prepare & process subcontractor bills
- Data entry & analysis in ERP Software or SAP (If used by the company)
- Check bills raised by the contractor. This includes on-site verification of measurement & verification of rates with Tender.
- To measure the site engineer.
- To process it as per the protocol of the company.
- To follow up on the accounts department for payment.
- Review of bills of quantities and item lists.
- Value engineering to achieve functionality, safety, speed of security, and quality at lower costs by evaluating different options.
- Checking and certification of bills and invoices from vendors, contractors.
- Construction supervision of civil interior works at the site, including safety, quality, and safety schedule.
- Analysis of variation claims by contractors /vendors and closing of the same.
- Contracts Administration and enforcement at the site. Coordination with own team to ensure smooth execution and handover of detailed information.
- Prepare Preliminary Estimates at proposal stages.
- Prepare Detailed Bill of Quantities/Pre-tender estimates.
- Compile Tender Documents based on the requirements of the project.
- Pre-qualification of Vendors.
- Prepare detailed Comparative Statements.
- Inspection and Verification of Works Measurements.
- We are processing the invoice as per terms and contracts.
- Rate Analysis, Bill Estimation, Costing.
- Preparation of bill of quantities (BOQ).
- Preparation of Certifications.
- To support PM in billingling & generating cost-related reports and documentation.
- Checking measurements
- Quantity estimation
- Bill certification
- Preparing reconciliation statements
- Preparation of DPR – BOQ Items, Critical Items, Revenue till date/for the month, billed & WIP.
- Review of Budget and Preparation of Projections for next Quarter Budget as per approved schedule in line with SOP.
- Monitoring of cost of major items daily.
- Update on WIP Status, RA Bill/PV Bill movement & its Collection.
- Material Reconciliation Reports from Store.
- Weekly report on the status of Resources – Material, P&M, and Manpower.
- Follow up with the billing person for timely submission of the RA Bill.
- He should have the capability to maintain quality in work, safety at the site, safety verifying Vendor bills, ClientCo-ordination.
- Periodic reconciliation of billingling with estimated quantities fortnightly.
- Prepare and submit client bills as per the BOQ.
- Knowledge of Earthwork for Railway Bridge Work Must.
- Preparing summary, abstract, advice-billing ling
- They are coordinating with the contractor & site engineer for joint site measurement verification.
- Maintain all records of billing work
- The candidate should be good at MS Excel, word.
- The candidate should be familiar with ERP software.
- Experience in ERP Software will be an advantage.
- It should be well conversant with the measurement mode as per IS Codes.
- Should be able to prepare the sub contractor’s bill concerning the client’s bill.
- Should be made a proper debit note (if any) from a store for the subcontractor’s bill
- Should be able to take the necessary measurement at the site as and required for the clients’ bill
- Should be conversant with MS Excel & Autocad.
- Should be able to reconcile the quantities as per actual v/s consumption
- Should understand the bill of quantity as per the contract agreement
- Reconciliation of material
- Reconciliation of contractor bills
- Cost analysis
- Analysis of construction material
- Preparation of daily labor progress reports
Billing Engineer Salary
Average Salary of Billing Engineer In India: INR 5,35,000 Per Year
Average Salary of Billing Engineer in the United States: $44,400 Per Year