Last Updated on October 14, 2020 by Admin
What is a QA/QC Engineer?
QA stands for Quality assurance & QC stands for Quality control. QA/QC is the combination of quality assurance, the process or set of processes used to measure and assure the quality of a product, and quality control, the process of ensuring products and services meet consumer expectations. Read more to learn about the role and responsibilities of a QA/QC engineer.
Quality assurance is process-oriented and focuses on defect prevention, while quality control is product-oriented and focuses on defect identification.
In recent times nearly all reputed construction companies have separate QA/QC departments. In terms of quality assurance, it is essential to submit a method statement, work procedures, checklists, Inspection & test plan, Project quality plan, and many more other documents to the clients to assure them that for the excellent quality to meet their expectations.
The QA/QC is an indispensable part of any construction project as it guarantees the proper quality of the materials, methods of execution maintain guidelines of the standards, and make sure work progresses according to it.
Quality is the execution of the tasks which ensure that construction is completed according to plans and specifications, on time, within a confined resources, and safe work conditions.
Generally, people are mixed within Quality Assurance and Quality Control, though they are closely related but fundamentally different processes with different goals and purposes
QA/QC Engineer Duties and Responsibilities in Construction Industry:
- Accountable for the quality and workmanship of every activity, precise knowledge of all aspects of engineering construction relating to Civil, Architectural, and Structural discipline interfacing the multidisciplinary processes.
- Responsible for QA/QC documents of the complete project including certificates, calibration, test results, inspection requests, non-compliance reports and site instruction/observations, permanent materials delivered, and other important QA/QC documents.
- Develop and determine all standards to perform inspection and tests on all procedures and oversee all testing methods and maintain high standards of quality for all processes.
- Review the quality of all materials at the site and ensure compliance with all project specifications and quality and collaborate with the department for all material procurement and maintain a quality of materials.
- Supervise the effective implementation of all test and inspection schedules and ensure adherence to all procedures and coordinate with various teams to perform quality audits on processes.
- Assist with employees to ensure knowledge of all quality standards and ensure compliance to all quality manuals and procedures and collaborate with contractors and suppliers to maintain the quality of all systems.
- Manage to lift all types of equipment and handle the efficient storage of all hazardous materials and perform quality audits as per the required schedule.
- Analyze all products and non-conformance processes and evaluate all documents to ensure the maintenance of optimal quality and prepare monthly reports to evaluate performance.
- Monitor an efficient system and record for all project activities and analyze all processes to ensure all work according to quality requirements.
- Manage all work methods and maintain knowledge on all quality assurance standards and monitor continuous application for all quality assurance processes and recommend corrective actions for all processes.
- Develop a method statement for the activity including risk assessment and job safety environmental analysis and Inspection Test Plan and Checklist based on specifications of the project.
- Liaise the Technical Engineer for submission of material submittals to Consultant
- Coordinate with the consultant’s representative and Site In-charge for inspection.
- Report to the QA/QC Manager, control, and monitor all activities related to Quality.
- Civil Engineering from Concept to Construction
- Construction Claims Management
- Autodesk Revit BIM Software Online Tutorials and Courses
- Project Management Career; A Complete Guide for 2020
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Specialization
- Based on the job postings we looked at, employers are seeking QA/QC Engineers with these core skills. If you want to become a QA/QC Engineer, focus on mastering the following:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Great troubleshooting skills
- Working knowledge of product development and manufacturing processes
- Excellent organization and time-management
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- PC software proficiency
- Knowledge of International Organization for Standardization quality systems
- Knowledge of Society of Automotive Engineers quality systems (in the automotive and aerospace sectors)
- Execute all daily inspections and tests to achieve the quality of construction required in the designs and specs for all works.
- Verify contractor quality requirements are specified to vendors and contractor documentation submittals.
- The preparation and control of project quality system management documentation prior to project commencement.
- QA/QC engineer review quality inspection personnel qualifications and training requirements
- Monitor the disposition of all issued non-conformance reports.
- Monitor the progress and effectiveness of the project quality management system. Recommend and implement improvements when required.
- Become a project manager
- Construction Cost Estimating and Cost Control
- Construction Finance
- Construction Management Specialization
- Quantity Surveying/Building Estimation
- Business Technology Courses
- Coordinate all QA/QC activities with the site QC manager & procurement manager
- Monitor statistical method reporting.
- Action and close all customer complaints
- Control all achieve documentation upon the completion of the project.
- Quality Assurance Quality Control Procurement Management
- The quality control procurement manager has the responsibility for the coordination and inspection of all procured items for a site. He is a responsibility for the project’s QA manager.
- The reviewing of site purchase orders to ensure that the applicable requirements are met
- The compilation of vendor inspection assignments packages
- The coordination and resolution of any nonconforming product Reviewing vendors QA/QC systems in accordance with contractual requirements
- Ensure the verification of documentation and certificates for materials purchased by vendors
- Review of supplier quality plans against contract requirements
- Quality Assurance Quality Control Manager (Site)
- The company site Quality Control Manager reports to the company QA Manager. He ensures the quality of the site installations is consistent with the company’s policy requirements together with national and international standards and the customers’ specifications.
- Implement the QA/QC management system at the site
- Coordinate with quality inspections with all the site subcontractors and vendors coordinate all non-destructive testing on site
- Distribute relevant QA/QC documentation to site subcontractors
- Verify that the quality-related site activities are in accordance with the applicable codes and standards
- Participate in the site internal and external site audits
- Coordinate all the quality site inspections through the site QC inspectors
- Ensure all quality control documentation is compiled and competed for as-built hand over through the QC turnover engineer
- Control all nonconformance reports and undertake remedial action
- Compete for site quality control instructions and action remedial responses
- Review the customers’ specification and undertake relevant training to the site QC inspector
- Monitor the implementation of the approved site QC Plan
- Complete and coordinate the approval of the sites QC technical submittals to the customer
- Coordinate with the site construction manager on all quality issues Coordinate and chair the QA/QC site weekly meetings with the project’s subcontractors QC personnel
- Assure all technical documents relative to site quality control are the current status.