Last Updated on March 9, 2023 by Admin
NIT Hamirpur Recruitment invites applications for the post of Associate Professor from Indian Nationals who possess excellent academic records, commitment to quality teaching, the potential for carrying out outstanding research, and inclination towards institutional development.
National Institute of Technology Hamirpur is one of the 31 NITs established by GOI, an Institution of
National Importance declared by the Act of Parliament and a premier technical Institution of the Country,
offering several undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral programs in Engineering/Technology,
Sciences, Management & allied areas also provide excellent ambiance for academic research and co-curricular activities.
NIT, Hamirpur Recruitment for the post of ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR in Various Departments of the Institute.
The total no of Vacancies is 20 Posts
[UR-10, SC-03, ST-01, OBC05, EWS -01]
Associate Professor (AGP 9500 in 6th CPC) – 20 Posts
Associate Professor for the following Department
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Electrical Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- Department of Material Science and Engineering
- Department of Architecture
- Department of Mathematics and Scientific Computing
- Department of Physics and Photonics Science
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Department of Management Studies
- Centre of Energy Studies
Pay Level 13A2 of Pay Matrix, i.e., ₹ 139,600/- pm to ₹211,300/- pm, along with admissible allowances.
- Ph.D. in relevant discipline.
- B.E./B.Tech. in Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering/Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Mechanical
Engineering, Chemical Engineering/Technology, Materials Science and Engineering/Metallurgical Engineering/Metallurgy/ Metallurgical and Materials Engineering/Metallurgical Engineering and Materials Science and Engineering and
- M.Tech or equivalent in Structural Engineering/Geotechnical Engineering/ Transportation Engineering/Water Resources Engineering/Environmental Engineering/Construction Management/ GIS-RS, Electrical Power System, Control System, Electric Machines, Power Electronics, Instrumentation, Signal Processing, Condition Monitoring, High Voltage Engineering, Embedded Systems, Power System Protection, etc, Mechanical/M.Tech. Design/Thermal/ Manufacturing /Industrial and Production/ Mechatronics/ Robotics/Energy/ Energy Technology, Chemical Engineering/Technology, Materials
Science and Engineering/Metallurgical Engineering/Metallurgy/ Metallurgical and Materials Engineering/
Metallurgical Engineering and Materials Science and Engineering.
- B.Arch, M.Arch/M. Plan and Ph.D. in a relevant discipline, specializing in Architecture/ Planning.
- B.A./B.Sc. with Mathematics or equivalent.
- B.Sc./BS with Physics as one of the main subjects and M.Sc./MS degrees in a relevant discipline
How to Apply
The candidates are advised to download the application proforma from the Institute website and send a hard copy of the duly filled application form along with the self-attested copies of the relevant testimonials, certificates, enclosures, etc., by hand/speed / registered post to
National Institute of Technology Hamirpur
Hamirpur-177 005, (H.P.) India.
The last date of receipt of the hard copy of the duly filled application form, along with all self-attested supporting documents, is 10-03-2023 by 05:30 PM.
Applications that are not accompanied by a non-refundable processing fee of ₹ 1000/- except
SC/ST/PWD and Women Candidates shall be summarily rejected. No correspondence shall be entertained
in this regard.