Last Updated on April 16, 2021 by Admin
The Curry Stone Design Collaborative (CSDC) is a design studio created to equip undeserved and marginalized communities with methods to design, develop and improve their built environments.
CSDC Hiring Construction Engineers for Mumbai Location
Curry Stone Design Collaborative
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
The Construction Engineer will assist and support the Project Manager on assigned projects. S/he will work under direct supervision of the Managing Director, perform routine daily design, budgeting, scheduling and project management activities. The Project Engineer must be a flexible and adaptable team-player, as well as have strong communication and client service skills.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience in working in a startup environment and will be comfortable in an interdisciplinary and diverse international company.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide Engineering design of architectural systems.
- Budget Construction Projects
- Develop Contract Documents for Contractor bidding and execution
- Set up contracts and project organization
- Develop Contract Schedule in conjunction with users, design associates and contractors
- Oversee and manage project cost, quality and schedule. Issue progress reports.
- Review, forward and track submittals
- Initiate, prepare, review, track and distribute RFI’s and Change Orders.
- Track and inspect material deliveries
- Attend project meetings and record meeting minutes
- Manage project close-out
- Communicate and enforce Safety and Health Management Program
This description reflects the core activities of the role but is not intended to be all-inclusive. We are an evolving studio and other duties may be required in addition to changes in the emphasis of duties as required from time to time.
- Bachelor’s Degree – Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent
- 6 to 8 years of industry experience
- Computer skill including Autocad, SketchUp and general Office software
- Knowledge of Critical Path Project Scheduling
- Broad understanding of industry
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and Hindi
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Basic math/accounting skills
- Ability to create and interpret codes, drawings, specifications and product literature.
- Functions dependably and effectively as part of a team
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
- Ability to understand and follow directions
- Good time management skills and organizational skills
- Demonstrate commitment to Equality through own actions and mentoring.
- Prior experience in a non-profit/ NGO sector
- Experience with organizations in growth mode
- Flexible and willing to perform tasks outside of the current scope to help the organization grow
- Proficiency in spoken and written Marathi
Suggested Start Date: Immediate
Curry Stone Design Collaborative is an equal opportunities employer. We offer competitive salaries. The successful applicant will be asked to relocate to Mumbai, if he/she does not already live here.
NOTE: Applicants are required to submit a Cover Letter along with their Resume. Address why you are applying for this position and substantiate your interest in the social design and development space. Applications without a Cover Letter will not be reviewed.
(Please upload one combined PDF/Word document, containing both, your Cover Letter and Resume.)