Last Updated on
Project Procurement Manager – Mega Projects (Services) (Job Number: 32594) | Navi Mumbai
BASF shares a rich history with India spanning more than a century. With our vast knowledge in the field of chemistry, we manufacture high-quality, innovative products that cater to a wide range of industries. BASF in India has 9 production sites, 2 R&D centers, and more than 2,000 employees and is well-positioned to meet the current and future needs of the ever-growing Indian market.
- Manage procurement-related activities within capital projects Asia region
- Well control procurement cost, schedule and quality of equipment and service by the implementation of the pre-defined procurement execution plan
- Ensure procurement plans and operations process meet the requirement of global and regional procurement strategy and BASF procedure
- This position will be having dual reporting functional reporting to Head of Capital projects the Asia Pacific and disciplinary to the country procurement head South Asia.
- Define and align procurement execution plan including category strategy with project team, category buyers and engineering partner.
- Timely design, align and implement project-specific procurement process with all stakeholders
- Monitors that EP/EPCM acts according to BASF requirements
- Strive for value contribution to Project Team and Business Unit.
- Align the project bidders lists in collaboration with the Global/Regional category buyers
- Define minimum requirements for master purchase order
- Ensuring that required deviations of the prescribed rules are approved internally and audit-proof documented
- Performs adequate control of EP contractor’s procurement services
- Track procurement progress, completeness, and traceability of related documents
- Avoid / mitigate and manage risks
- Manage change and claim, back-charging, capture lessons learned
- Manage the project deliverables of third party/contractors by having close supervision on the Expediting the delivery.
- Define the optimum sourcing strategy by using the appropriate Tax incentives/ tax planning in the local country where Capex is incurred.
You might be interested in List of the Construction Chemical Companies in India | 2019
- Education: B.E/ B.TECH in Mechanical/ Chemical, with additional qualification of MBA, is highly preferred
- Working Experience: ≥ 10 years’ procurement experience across large Indian capital projects > 100 cr project size as PPM , overseas experience in middle east/ South East Asia projects is an add advantage.
- Working with large Indian and MNC engineering companies in the project procurement area of EPC/EPCM is an add advantage.
- Should be well versed with the Construction contracts, contract administration, claim management and contract closeout including the legal exposure.
- Should be well versed with supplier Audits/qualifications/ EHS standards required for large MNC companies.
- Mobility and willing to travel overseas and stay for short assignment at overseas is the minimum requirement for this job. Willing to relocate to site locations during the project execution phase especially during the commissioning phase (1-2 Years).
For more details see www.basf.com/megaprojects-asia
N-Maharashtra-Navi Mumbai – HO (Turbhe – BCIPL)