Last Updated on March 26, 2022 by Admin
Power BI is a business analytics service by Microsoft. It aims to provide interactive visualizations and business intelligence aptitudes with an interface simple enough for end-users to create reports and dashboards.We have discussed here the Microsoft Power BI and what are the career and job opportunities in Power BI.
What is Power BI
Power BI is a collection of software services, apps, and connectors that work together to turn your unrelated data sources into coherent, visually immersive, and interactive insights. It lets you easily connect to your data sources, visualize and discover what’s important, and share that with anyone or everyone you want. Your data may be an Excel spreadsheet or a collection of cloud-based hybrid data warehouses.
Connect to and visualize any data using the unified, scalable platform for self-service and enterprise business intelligence (BI) that’s easy to use and helps you gain deeper data insight.
Drive better business decisions by analyzing your enterprise data for insights. Turn data into opportunity with Microsoft Power BI data visualization tools. It is used to find insights within an organization’s data. It can help connect diverse data sets, modify and clean the data into a data model, and create charts or graphs to provide visuals of the data.
- Data Analytics Professional Certificate Course by Google
- Data Science Career and Jobs in 2022: A Complete Guide
- How Big Data Will Transform the Construction Industry
- GIS and its applications in Construction Industry
Why Should You Use Power BI?
It is used extensively in construction to track progress, schedules, and logistics. And if you think you don’t have it, check again! It is available as part of your Office 365 Licence, so it’s expected that you have access to it on some level. If you’re not using it already, here are 7 reasons you should use Power BI.
1. Consolidate Multiple Data Sources
2. Access & Store Large Amounts Of Data
3. Customize Reports With Drag & Drop Modules
4. Instantly Share Dashboards
5. Spot Trends Or Anomalies
6. Access Power BI Dashboards From Anywhere
7. A Growing Online Community
Power BI online community is used to share tips and ideas, often specific to the industry itself. Power BI boasts over 5 million users across more than 200,000 organizations. Use it to find pre-made dashboards that can monitor your construction projects, explore what the software can do, and improve your level of insight.
Also, Gartner recognizes Microsoft as a Leader for the thirteenth consecutive year in the Gartner 2020 Magic Quadrant for Analytics and Business Intelligent Platforms.
The future of interactive data visualization software
Following are the main reasons why this software is called the future of interactive data visialzations.
It’s easier than ever to have your data all in one place
Power BI caters to beginners and advanced data experts alike
Power BI is secure and compliant
It is easy for advanced Excel users to pick up.
Work faster with natural language processing.
Extensive data connectors
With a growing library of 120+ free connectors, everyone gets a complete picture for data-driven decision-making. Connect directly to hundreds of on-premises and cloud data sources such as Dynamics 365, Azure SQL Database, Salesforce, Excel, and SharePoint.
Power BI for the Construction Project
Blue Margin used Power BI to help a construction company make better contracting, forecasting, and resource-allocation decisions across multiple offices in the Northeast.
- What Is Microsoft Project? MS Project Online Tutorials and Courses
- Tableau Vs Excel: Which data tool best suits your requirements?
- The 50 Best Project Management Interview Questions and Answers
- Insight to Proper Ways to Estimate the Value of a Property
Career opportunities in Power BI
Power BI users have a range of potential careers including data scientists, product managers, and business analysts. Understanding power query, the role played by data warehouses, and everything from Microsoft flow to self-service analytics makes knowledgeable users valuable resources for a variety of organizations. Analysts use the robust platform to discover key insights that can change the course of a business or organization for the better.
Power BI is currently one of the fastest-growing and largest professional career opportunities in the world. Power BI is a cloud-based software application that provides data visualization, interactive reporting, and predictive analytics.
There are many job opportunities in the world for different career paths in this field such as;
- Data analysts,
- Business analysts,
- Data architects,
- Report designers,
- Developers, and more!
Microsoft Power BI Analyst Salary
The average salary for a Data Analyst is ₹ 533,824
An entry-level Data Analyst with less than 1-year of experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of ₹350,000 based on 9 salaries.
An early career Data Analyst with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of ₹483,623 based on 95 salaries.
A mid-career Data Analyst with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of ₹902,182 based on 42 salaries.
An experienced Data Analyst with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of ₹950,000 based on 11 salaries.
Source: Payscale (Note: The above data recorded on 26th Jan. 2022)
Power BI Tutorials and Online Courses
1. Learn Power BI on Microsoft Learn
Learn new skills with Microsoft Power BI training. Microsoft’s hands-on guided-learning approach helps you meet your goals quickly, gain confidence, and learn at your own pace.
Read, create, or extend reports and dashboards? Increase your skills here.
Course: Get started using Power BI
If you’ve never worked with Power BI, try these modules to get an overview of how Power BI can help your business, and to see how to get the most out of your organization’s dashboards and reports.
2. Learn Power BI Basics for Free on Udemy
In this tutorial you will be learning all basic knowledge required for Power BI and understanding Power BI component
3. Complete Introduction to Microsoft Power BI [2022 Edition] on Udemy
Fees: INR 455 only (Offer Price)
What you’ll learn
- Enjoy CLEAR and CONCISE step by step lessons from a best selling Udemy instructor in FULL HD 1080 P video
- Learn to create POWERFUL reports and dashboards with Microsoft Power BI with a few clicks of the mouse
- Gain valuable INSIGHT and INTELLIGENCE from your business and marketing data in a FRACTION of the time of traditional spreadsheets
- PUBLISH reports and dashboards on the Internet and view using laptops, tablets or smartphones in minutes
- Learn to create Data Models and use the DAX Formula language to develop POWERFUL calculations
- Easily create a wide range of GRAPHS and VISUALISATIONS using drag and drop technologies
- Use the Power BI Q & A feature to easily ask QUESTIONS of your data and provide new insight
4. Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Power BI on Edx
Step up your analytics game and learn one of the most in-demand job skills worldwide.
This four-week course is a beginner’s guide to working with data in Power BI and is perfect for professionals. You’ll become confident in working with data, creating data visualizations, and preparing reports and dashboards.
5. Microsoft Power BI Certification Training Course on Edureka
Fees: INR 15,125 (Offer Price)
Power BI Course Curriculum:
- Introduction to Power BI
- Power BI Desktop and Data Transformation
- Data Analysis Expressions (DAX)
- Data Visualization
- Introduction to Power BI Service, Q&A and Quick Insights
- Connectivity Modes
- Power BI Report Servers
- Using R & Python in Power BI
- Advanced Analytics In Power BI
- In-class Project
6. Power BI Tutorial For Beginners for Free by Simplilearn
In this video on the Power BI full course, we’ll learn the basics of power bi and understand the different components of Power B, how to use Dax functions to derive value out of your data, and how to publish dashboards on to the power bi service.
No one can deny the highly promising career opportunities that have arisen from the recent adoption of Power BI. The demand for knowledgeable and skilled professionals in this field has been growing rapidly, and as a result, job opportunities are becoming more accessible. However, before you enter this industry or embark on your career as a Power BI expert, it is important to first gain an understanding of what exactly Power BI is.