Last Updated on July 20, 2021 by Admin
Matrix methods of structural analysis are used for the analysis of the framed structures, i.e., structures composed of one-dimensional elements. Kindly consider the below mentioned most important reference books on matrix methods of structural analysis.
The solution procedures used in this method are systematic and general. Hence, it is easier to write computer programs using this method.
The matrix method of analysis is an important topic in the !eld of structural engineering. Proper knowledge in this area is necessary to understand advanced topics like !nite element method, structural dynamics, structural stability, etc.
The software available for the analysis of structures is developed using this method. Hence, it is necessary to have a background in this subject for the proper application of these software tools.
The matrix method is a structural analysis method used as a fundamental principle in many applications in civil engineering.
The method is carried out, using either a stiffness matrix or a flexibility matrix. “The flexibility method is not conducive to computer programming” – Weaver, Gere.
Kindly enroll in this free online course on matrix methods of structural analysis offered by NPTEL.
Reference Books for Matrix methods of structural analysis
1) Numerical Methods for Engineering S.C. Chapra & R.P. Canale Tata Mc Graw Hill Publication
2) Matrix & Finite Element analysis of structures Madhujit Mukhopadhyay – Ane Books Pvt. Ltd.
3) Problems in Structural Analysis by Matrix Methods P Bhatt, Wheeler Publication
4) Advanced Structural Analysis Devdas Menon Narosa Publishing House
5) Matrix Analysis of Structures Aslam Kassimalli Books / Cole Publishing company.
6) Structural Analysis A Matrix Approach – Pandit & Gupta – Tata Mc Graw Hill Publication
7) Matrix Analysis of Framed Structures Gere & Weaver- CBS Publications, Delhi
8) Matrix Methods of Structural Analysis Meghare & Deshmukh- Charotar Publishing House, Anand