Last Updated on April 16, 2021 by Admin
Wood is currently recruiting for a Construction Supervisor – Mechanical with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry to work on ADNOC Onshore project.
Wood Hiring Mechanical Engineering for AE-Abu Dhabi location
Construction Supervisor – Mechanical
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 13 years of experience mainly in oil and gas projects with specific live plant construction experience
This role will be based in at site onshore on 5 days / weeks for 50hrs / week.
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of construction supervisors and engineers within assigned areas. Provide daily supervisory surveillance checks and records, ensuring that contractors’ management and supervision are providing safe working conditions and permitting procedures, protective equipment, experienced/qualified supervision and manpower, with reliable, well maintained equipment to execute the contracted works as per contract schedule and targets
- Routinely study, check, review and validate the discipline scope of work against the appropriate Contract Requisition to ensure the Contractors correctly interpret and comply with the latest revision AFC drawings, quantities, and specifications
- Ensure proper control of changes by issuing FI’s for all changes, reviewing TQ’s to ensure responses are appropriate and practical, and reviewing ARN’s to ensure correct use of construction resources
- In conjunction with other discipline superintendents ensure contractor interfaces are both coordinated and planned to allow effective take-over by follow-on contractors, and efficient access to work areas and job faces
- Utilise weekly coordination meetings with other discipline superintendents to provide logical progress and target completions as per the contract schedule and daily work plan. Ensure that area / handover documentation is available, and relevant
- In conjunction with other discipline superintendents ensure contractor interfaces are both coordinated and planned to provide logical progress and target completions as per the contract schedule and daily work plan
- Ensure that contractors survey and accept their work areas and commence contracted works within schedule time requirements, mobilising supervision, materials and equipment in practical logical sequences
- Ensure that contractors working on site have temporary facilities, equipment and hand tools etc. that are fully capable of supporting contractors site needs in the execution of contracted works to meet schedule completions
- Agree the extent and location of lay-down and workshop areas, access routes and material receipt, preservation and storage procedures with contractors’ management and supervision
- Ensure practical security and protection of the works and that all contractors’ provisions for temporary lighting, transport, vehicles, plant and equipment, hand tools are in adequate supply and totally fit for purpose
- Ensure that contractors are working in the required work areas, locations, elevations and sequence of work by providing discipline scheduled completion details to enable efficient planning of all activities. With the contractors planning engineers, develop detailed daily and weekly work plans to facilitate project schedule completions
- Ensure supervisors/inspectors carry out the witness, inspection and surveillance checks in accordance with contractor discipline Inspection and Test Plans, and the Wood site quality plan.
- Ensure contractors Quality Control checks and tests are properly recorded and are in compliance with project specifications, AFC drawings, and method statements
- Ensure all approved modifications to Works are recorded on red-lined ‘as-built’ drawings, and are verified as correct by field personnel
- Review and communicate to Wood staff and contractors the commissioning procedural execution and inspection criteria for all pre-commissioning activities
- Review method statements for pre-commissioning and commissioning activities to ensure workface co-ordination and integration has been considered and all the project Quality and HSE requirements have been complied with
- Proactively assess Contractors’ against agreed schedules and milestones, and challenge/support as necessary Contractor ability to achieve required progress. Inform the Wood General Superintendent of shortfalls and anomalies.
- Perform an inspection upon receipt of equipment against the current equipment data sheets and GA drawings.
- Ensure all quality control checks and tests are instigated, with records maintained and available as required for foundation acceptance, grout release, vessel closure, tower and drum acceptance, heat exchanger inspection, pump installation, cold alignment etc., all in accordance with contractors’ agreed ITP, method statements and project specifications
- Coordinate with all necessary disciplines to ensure package equipment is installed and hooked up in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensure efficient use of specialist vendor representatives, arranging contractor support and Client witness as required in accordance with the commissioning handover and start-up schedule
Apply on the Company’s Website