Last Updated on October 19, 2021 by Admin
NCMRWF Recruitment 2021 is looking for eligible candidates to fill up Project Scientist – II & III posts under its two projects (i) Numerical Modelling of Weather and Climate (NMWC) and (ii) BCWC to carry out research and development work on data assimilation and processing, remote sensing data application and utilization, numerical modeling of atmosphere, land, and ocean, coupled modeling, ensemble prediction system, diagnostic and validation of the model, development of model-based applications. The posts are purely on a contractual basis, extendable maximum up to March 2026, on a year-to-year basis, based on satisfactory performance of the candidate, at the end of each financial year. All positions are for Indian nationals only.
The National Centre for Medium-Range Weather Forecasting (NCMRWF) is an advanced centre for Weather and Climate Modelling under the Ministry of Earth Sciences. The mission of the Centre is to continuously develop advanced numerical weather prediction systems, with increased reliability and accuracy over India and neighboring regions through research, development, and demonstration of new and novel applications, maintaining highest level of knowledge, skills and technical bases.
Apart from the advanced technical knowledge of numerical modeling and data assimilation for weather and climate, it is also equipped with advanced infrastructural facilities like 2.8 Peta Flops High-Performance Computing and state-of-the-art networking and storage infrastructures. NCMRWF is doubling as BIMSTEC Centre for Weather and Climate (BCWC) where weather/climate modeling, data assimilation, development of applications and skill development for BIMSTEC countries are undertaken.
- Civil Engineering Interview Questions and Answers PDF eBOOK
- Mostly Asked Mechanical Engineering Interview Questions and Answers
- How To Face A Technical Interview
- Effective Job Search Strategies for Engineers
- Top 50 HR Interview Questions and Answers for Engineers
- Civil Engineering Careers Blueprint eBook: The Great Construction Career
NCMRWF Recruitment 2021 for Project Scientist – II, III
Advt. No. NCMR/01/2021
Total Vacancies – 46 Posts
Project Scientist – III for NMWC project – 12 Posts
Project Scientist -II for NMWC project – 26 Posts
Project Scientist III for BCWC project – 02 Posts
Project Scientist II – 06 Posts
- Master’s degree in Meteorology / Oceanography / Atmospheric Science / Climate Science /Physics / Geophysics with specialization in Meteorology / Mathematics / Applied Mathematics / Statistics / Earth System Science and Technology or related discipline from a recognized university
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering / Technology in Civil / Mechanical / Computer Science or related discipline from a recognized university.
- Ph. D. in any of the above-mentioned subjects
Up to 40 years as on closing date of receipt of application
The Last Date for submission of the online application is October 25, 2021, by 05:00 PM IST.