Last Updated on
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines one of the broadest technology sets in the industry with asset integration, focused innovation and global scale to achieve profitable growth and become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company. Dow’s portfolio of performance materials, industrial intermediates and plastics businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for our customers in high-growth segments, such as packaging, infrastructure and consumer care.
Dow Hiring Engineer for the post Senior Process Automation Engineer at Chennai
Senior Process Automation Engineer
Serves as a technical resource and process automation lead for small to large capital and improvement projects regionally and/or globally. Directs and leads both Dow and contract resources. Is involved in all three phases of projects: front end loading, detailed design and construction, and commissioning and startup. Requires expanded conceptual and practical knowledge in own job discipline and broadens capabilities.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Responsible for tasks such as those listed below when equipment or instruments are being added, removed, or changed. This role is also involved in Safety Integrity Level (SIL) determination, Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS), and designing or modifying the basic process control system (BPCS). Designs the control strategy and control systems, as well as implementation, which is not typical within the industry.
- Establishes project goals and planning.
- Tracks progress, schedules, and costs for the PA team during all project phases.
- Completes technical review of the control team work and provide coaching / corrective feedback.
- Determines testing scenarios and oversee the simulation of the control system to test the strategy and improvements.
- Works with other engineers to determine the project and control requirements.
- Creates the process control overview for the project & Develop user requirement system specifications.
- Estimates the process control cost and schedule for the project and manage against these baselines.
- Develops functional requirement specification (FRS) for the system & Create detailed requirement specifications (DRS).
- Develops control software, operator graphics and simulation software.
- Completes the factory acceptance test (FAT) Commissioning.
- Provides training of operations and support commissioning and start-up of the new asset.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for work execution, tools and systems supporting and interfacing in the space of Production Operations Management.
- Participates in project scoping activities.
- Drives strategic solutions in partnership with stakeholders.
- Engages with stakeholders and cross-discipline and cross-functional global project teams.
- Performs high level functional activities, such as requirements gathering and gap analysis of user requirements, requires functional and business expertise.
- Participates in the design specifications, configuration, testing, implementation and startup of manufacturing execution systems (MES) solutions.
- Identifies and deploys Most Effective Technology (MET) standard solution components to meet project requirements.
- Supports training of operations and support commissioning and start-up of the asset.
- Supports future process improvements and product development/solution roadmap.
- Bachelor’s degree plus process automation, engineering, manufacturing or related experience required.
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others