Last Updated on December 16, 2022 by Admin
NIT Calicut Walkin 2022 for the appointment of Ad-hoc Faculty in the various Department(s)/Schools (s) of the Institute for handling the academic teaching load in the Winter semester 2022-23.
This engagement will be temporary and carry a consolidated pay as detailed below. Candidates with the specified qualifications can report for the Walk-in-Interview at their own expense in the concerned Department(s)/School(s) of the National Institute of Technology Calicut as per the schedule given below, along with all certificates and portfolios in original and copy. Degrees from recognized Universities/Institutions will only be accepted.
NIT Calicut Walkin 2022 for Ad-hoc Faculty.
Total of vacancies – 41 Posts.
Details show Department wise vacancy Details
- Civil Engineering – 07 Posts
- Electrical Engineering – 05 Posts
- Mechanical Engineering – 15 Posts
- Computer Science & Engineering – 02 Posts
- Electronics and Communication Engineering – 07 Posts
- Mathematics – 04 Posts
- School of Material Science and Engineering – 01 Posts
- Ph.D. / M. Tech in Civil Engineering (Water Resources Engineering/Environmental Engineering/
Transportation Engineering), (Power Systems/Power Electronics/Instrumentation & Control/ Industrial power & Automation/HV Eng, (Manufacturing, Thermal, Design, Industrial Engineering & Management), Computer Science and Engineering (Relevant specialization in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering).
- Ph.D. in Mathematics/Statistics. Those who have submitted a Ph. D thesis can also apply
- Ph.D. or M.Tech in Metallurgy /Materials Science and Engineering/Nanotechnology or equivalent with
experience in computational materials science.
- Civil Engineering – 15-12-2022 Thursday & 08:30 AM
- Electrical Engineering – 15-12-2022 Thursday & 08:30 AM
- Mechanical Engineering – 15-12-2022 Thursday & 08:30 AM
- Computer Science & Engineering – 16-12-2022 Friday & 08:30 AM
- Electronics and Communication Engineering – 16-12-2022 Friday & 08:30 AM
- Mathematics – 16-12-2022 Friday & 08:30 AM
- School of Material Science and Engineering – 16-12-2022 Friday & 08:30 AM
Department(s)/School(s) of National Institute of Technology Calicut
How To Apply
- All interested candidates shall report to the concerned departments at 08:30 am on the notified dates.
- The candidates attending the walk-in interview must produce the following documents (Originals & Photocopies) at the time of the interview.
a) Filled-up application (format enclosed)
b) Valid Photo-ID
c) Date of birth certificate
d) All academic/professional certificates (Mark lists of all semesters/years and
Degree/Provisional certificate of Ph.D., PG, and UG Programs)
e) Caste certificate (SC / ST / Non-creamy layer OBC certificate/ EWS certificate) obtained
on or after 01-04-2022 from a competent authority.
f) Experience certificate
g) Re-prints of research publications
h) Any other information related to eligibility
- The candidates shall have first class both at UG and PG Level (60% or 6.5/10 CGPA, if not
mentioned in the certificate)
- The qualifications and their corresponding remuneration will be fixed as prescribed. The
remuneration would be consolidated, and no other allowances would be admissible.
- Due to administrative reasons, the selection process/interview date is subject to change. It is
requested to view the website of the institute regularly for any updated information regarding the
- Any preliminary selection process that may be held will be informed by the Head of the
concerned Department/School directly to the applicants.
- Canvassing in any manner will result in the disqualification of the candidate.
- The appointment would be purely temporary and only for one semester or a specified period.
- Reservations are applicable as per the Govt. of India norms. If applicable, the candidates must enclose their community certificate in the prescribed format. (OBC-NCL and EWS
certificates must be taken on or after 01.04.2022).
- Institute reserves the right to increase or decrease the number of vacancies or be without taking any
candidate for any of the departments as per its requirements.