Last Updated on August 25, 2021 by Admin
McDermott International, Inc. is an American multinational engineering, procurement, construction and installation company with operations in the Americas, Middle East, the Caspian Sea and the Pacific Rim.
McDermott International Hiring for he post Mechanical Principal Package Management Specialist
Mechanical Principal Package Management Specialist – (1910133)
The Package Delivery Manager (PDM) is responsible for delivering the package on schedule, within specification and within the PO price to the Project. The PDM will be the focal point for all communication between McDermott, Company and Vendor. PDM will provide the guidance and direction to the SCM members.
Any problems related to package delivery shall be communicated immediately to the Project Management Team by PDM QA/QC inspection and expediting teams shall promptly highlight any non-conformance and deviations to the PDM
- Attends mandatory Package Management Training within 30 days of being assigned into the role.
- Focal point for MDR, Company and Vendor
- Reviews TBE and PR, and gets approval as required
- Attends the final bid clarification meeting
- Reviews the PO. Understands commercial impacts
- Defines the document distribution through the Document Distribution Matrix (DDM), which may include various engineering disciplines, QA/QC, Mechanical Completion, Pre-Commissioning, etc., and oversees the Vendor document IDC reviews.
- Responsible for final approval of all Vendor documents
- Files all Vendor correspondence in the central filing system on a project drive, using standard subject heading, starting with full MR, PR or PO number as reference.
- Control change management of “design development”
- Attends mandatory Weekly Meetings for reviewing progress with the PPM/Expediting Lead
- Escalates issues to PMT through regular reviews and day to day dialogue before they become major issues
- Fully understands Vendor’s manufacturing process, their supply chain and limitations
- Leads Vendor meetings both at Vendor and MDR facilities
- Attends PO Kick-Off Vendor Meetings
- Attends Joint Inspection upon receipt at MDR facility
- Resolves technical issues until final commissioning is complete
- Manages all spares requirements
- Support Package Completions in the yard and offshore
- Package Close Out
- Publish the Package Dashboard to PMT
- Bachelor of Engineering or Commerce or Certification with IMS or CIPS, or comparative industry experience with Vendor/Supplier PO execution.
- Preferred Minimum of 15 Years Oil & Gas Industry experience delivering engineered packages from PO through to construction.
- Equivalent Min 20 years Industry experience in an alternate industry delivering Packages and PO from Vendor to execution will also be considered.