Last Updated on April 16, 2021 by Admin
In engineering, a foundation is the element of a structure that connects it to the ground and transfers loads from the structure to the ground. Foundations are generally considered either shallow or deep. Find below the best and the top foundation engineering books for civil engineering students and engineers.
A foundation is the lowest part of the building structure. It is the engineering field of study devoted to the design of those structures which support other structures, most typically buildings, bridges, or transportation infrastructure.
It is at the periphery of Civil, Structural, and Geotechnical Engineering disciplines and has a distinct focus on soil-structure interaction.
It is also called a ground sill, which transfers loads to the ground. It is generally broken into two categories.
- Shallow foundation
- Deep foundation
We have compiled below the best and the top foundation engineering books to be referred to study the foundation engineering subject.
Reference Books on Foundation Engineering
1. Dr. B. J. Kasmalkar, “Foundation Engineering”, Pune Vidyarthi Griha Prakashan, Pune
2. Gopal Ranjan and A. S. Rao, “Basic and Applied Soil Mechanics”, New Age International Publishers, (2010) (foundation engineering books)
3. Dr. B. C. Punmia, “Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering”, Laxmi Publications.
4. Soil Mechanics- T.William Lambe, Wiley
5. J. E. Bowels, “Foundation Analysis and Design”, McGraw-Hill
6. Foundation Engineering- P. C. Varghese, PHI Learning Pvt. Ltd.
7. Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering- V. N. S Murthy, Marcel Dekker, Inc. Newyork.
Buy Now: Foundation Engineering Books on amazon.in
8. Soil Mechanics & Foundation Engineering – Rao –Wiley.
9. A. K. Arora, “Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering”, Standard Publishers, 2009.
10. Engineering in Rocks for Slopes. Foundations and Tunnels – T Ramamurthy – PHI Learning
11. Geotechnical Engineering by Conduto, PHI, New Delhi.
12. Foundation Design Manual: N V Nayak, Dhanpat Rai Publications.
13. International Steven Kramer, “Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering”, Prentice-Hall Publications.
14. Practical Handbook of Grouting: Soil-Rock and Structures—James Warner– Wiley 15. IS 1892, 1893, 2911, 6403, SP36 (PART-II)
The above-listed foundation engineering books are the best and the top books are written by renowned authors in the field of study. Kindly refer to these books to study the foundation engineering subject.