Last Updated on March 24, 2022 by Admin
Valuation consultants work with clients & stakeholders to comprehend the value and relevance of solutions, services, and products. Read more to know the valuation consultant job description and salary details.
They collaborate with sales and business development teams to communicate the value of their products to potential and existing customers. They also gain a thorough understanding of their sector, product characteristics, client problems, and solutions.
Client-focused value consultant who will manage clients’ understanding of our products and services. You’ll work with sales leaders and business stakeholders to build critical value measures, manage client relationships, and generate reports and information about the benefits of our products in this role.
Let’s see the overall thought behind the valuation consultant/advisor:
What does the Valuation Consultant do?
A valuation consultant, also known as a Business Valuator or Business Appraiser, assigns value to a business owner’s most valuable asset: their company. That isn’t a straightforward task.
While certain items are simple to value, such as gold, jewels, and antiques, others are more complex to estimate because they are valuable to their owners. One of those things, especially for entrepreneurs, is their business. Nonetheless, as a Valuation Consultant, you’re up to the task.
There are numerous reasons for valuing a company. The owners may wish to sell it. Perhaps they wish to leave it to their children or sell their business portion. It’s also possible that they’re engaging in a legal battle with someone who they believe has harmed their business.
Your client requires a number for whatever reason, and you are compensated to provide it. Of course, there’s a lot more to it. After all, you don’t just make up a number out of thin air. Instead, you utilize established formulae and methodologies to arrive at an educated guess based on business features and market conditions.
Valuation Consultants may double as Business Brokers, advising clients on the value of a company and then assisting them in negotiating a purchase or sale. In such instances, you’re a consultant as well as an appraiser. This requires you to assess the company’s existing assets, liabilities, cash flow, tax burden, and future financial projections.
Whether you value the asset or broker the exclusive sale, your role is simple: You interpret emotional investments as economic assets.
Purpose of the valuation & Value-Added Services
The major purpose of Valuation, which needs to be followed by a Value Consultant or advisor, are as follows:
To serve the above purpose of valuation, this kind of Value-Added Services are provided by Value Consultant or advisor
- IPO / REITS/Public Circulars Valuations
- Mergers and Acquisitions Related Valuations
- Mortgage and Financing Appraisals
- Project Risk Monitoring
- Technical and Approvals due Diligence
- Non-performing Asset Valuations
- Plant and Machinery Valuations
- Business Valuations
- Balance Sheet Adjustments
- Post Tax Cash Flow Assessments
- Portfolio Monitoring/Annual Reporting
- Net Asset Valuations
- Special Purpose Vehicle Valuations
- Financial Instruments Valuations
Skills and Qualifications required to become a Value Consultant
- A bachelor’s degree in finance, business management, strategy, or a related analytical subject is needed.
- 2 years of sales, finance, or business experience
- Thorough knowledge of CRM methods and procedures.
- The ability to undertake study and analysis on one’s own.
- The ability to break down complex technical material into easily digestible selling elements.
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation abilities.
- A team player who thrives in fast-paced circumstances.
- Leadership and mentoring skills.
Roles & Responsibilities of Valuation Consultant/Advisor
- Identifying essential values in current and future initiatives
- Data, research materials, and product reports are all analyzed.
- Creating exceptional product value and application research and information.
- Consultation with other stakeholders to ensure that products meet client needs.
- Proactively managing client relationships and cultivating strong rapport.
- Communicating critical messages to clients and internal stakeholders regarding corporate solutions.
- Looking into customer concerns as well as new product uses for the company.
- Assisting sales teams in comprehending and communicating crucial metrics to customers.
- Helping other team members with research, presentations, and interactions with key accounts.
- Developing tools and templates for various stakeholders to use in determining the value of a product.
Salary of Valuation Consultant/Advisor
Overall, the valuation analyst career is a great profile and will be suitable for those interested in financial modeling.
According to Glassdoor, the national average salary for a Valuation Consultant is ₹7,91,762 in India. It needs 2-3 years of experience in the same field.
According to salary.com, the salary range in the USA is $67,501 – $82,115. The average salary for a Valuation Analyst is $63592.
Finally, to be a successful value consultant, in-depth analysis and strong presentation skills are most important. Dynamic thinking regarding products and services helps to get the perfect solution. A person who actively participates in the sales process and has excellent communication can give better results in the valuation process.
Q.1. Can auditors do valuation services?
Ans: Auditor can’t Issue Valuation Certificates to Auditee Company.
Q.2. What is the valuation formula?
Ans: The formula is quite simple: business value equals assets minus liabilities.
Q.3.What is a valuation summary?
Ans: Valuation is a quantitative process of determining the fair value of an asset or a firm.
Q.4. How long does a valuation take?
Ans: Generally, you can expect a house valuation to last anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour, depending on the size and layout of your property.
Q.5. What is a Business Valuation?
Ans: A business valuation determines a company’s economic value.
- The Ultimate Guide to Understanding Real Estate Valuation
- Finding Purpose and Meaning In Life: Living for What Matters Most
- The Accuracy Of Property Valuation: How To Receive The Right Estimate?
- Demystifying The Need Of Property Valuation For Once And For All!
- Property Valuation Made Easy With Accuracy