Last Updated on
The ‘Indian Green Building Council Accredited Professional Examination’ (IGBC AP) offered by IGBC is a credential for professionals to participate in green building projects.
The examination is not based on any specific rating system. It is designed to test the knowledge of a candidate on green building design and construction.
Qualified individuals can be involved in projects registered under the ‘IGBC rating programmes’ like IGBC Green Homes, IGBC Factory buildings, IGBC Existing Buildings, etc., Projects would achieve one credit point under ‘Innovation and Design’ category if an IGBC AP is part of the project team.
All students/ professionals of the building industry are eligible to appear for this examination.
Examination Fee (effective from 1 January 2016):
The examination fee is as follows:
S No Description Fee
1 For Professional 5,000/-
2 For Students 3,000/- (Applicable for students who are pursuing full-time course)
* Fee is exclusive of Goods and Services Tax (GST)
* Registration, Reattempt and Reschedule fee is non-refundable
* If the candidate fails to attend the exam on the scheduled date, the exam fee will not be refunded or adjusted.
* A fee of Rs. 500 plus Goods and Services Tax (GST) (as applicable) will be levied, if the date of the exam is postponed. However, there is no fee for preponing the date of the exam.
* Reschedule of exam date and change in test location is allowed 1 day before the date of the exam.
1. Civil Engineering Interview Questions and Answers eBook: Rs. 150 Only 2. The Great Construction Career – A Career Blueprint: Rs. 250 Only 3. Effective Job Search Strategies for Engineers: Rs. 115 4. Top 50 HR Interview Questions and Answers for Engineers: Rs. 50
Location & Frequency of Exam:
The examination is online, computer-based and offered twice a month (i.e 1st & 3rd Saturday of every month) at Merit Trac examination centers in the following cities:
In the following cities, the period of the exam is once a month (3rd Saturday) and the centers are subject to availability. In case any of the center’s mentioned below is not available, the exam will be scheduled to the nearest city mentioned in the above list.
The candidates will have to specify their preferred location and date for examination in the application form.
Note: The above test centers are subject to availability on the dates mentioned.
The ‘Indian Green Building Council Accredited Professional Examination’ is being offered through MeritTrac Services Private Limited, India’s Premier and largest skills Assessment Company. MeritTrac has conducted 4 million exams so far and is currently assessing close to 1.8 million candidates per year. MeritTrac has state-of-the-art assessment centers across the country for conducting high stake exams and offering great candidate test-taking experience.
Candidates need to register with the Indian Green Building Council through the IGBC website www.igbc.in. On receipt of the examination fee, an automated confirmation email will be sent to the registered email id. The exact address of the Test Centre will be communicated via email to the registered email id, 5 days prior to the date of the exam.
Results will be reported to the candidate immediately on completion of the exam.
Successful candidates will be awarded the ‘IGBC Accredited Professional’ certificate and will be listed on the IGBC web site.
Unsuccessful candidates can schedule to retake the exam by repeating the registration process.