Lendlease Singapore is currently searching for an experienced Senior Construction Manager to join the Project Management & Construction team responsible for the build and delivery of a range of projects.
Lendlease is one of the world’s leading property and infrastructure groups. Our vision is to create the best places not just for our clients and communities, but especially for our employees. Delivering iconic and award-winning projects, we are setting standards in innovative and industry-leading project management, construction and design services locally and globally.
● The Construction Manager is responsible for the planning and the delivery of the project from construction commencement to completion. The Construction Manager is responsible for leading the construction team to ensure that contract requirements are met whilst also ensuring that Company requirements for health and safety, environment, sustainability, quality, time and profit objectives are also met.
PROJECT LEADERSHIP AND GOVERNANCE
● Provides visible leadership to the construction team
● Manages overall team performance to aligned goals and collaboratively works with all stakeholders
● Ensures that the Company policies, systems and procedures are effectively implemented by the project team.
● Develops an understanding of the client’s needs and fosters a positive working relationship
● Collaboratively works with the Project Manager/design team
AUTHORITY AND STAKEHOLDER MANAGEMENT
● Ensures that an Authority’s management plan is in place and that all obligations are met
● Ensures legislative and Authority critical issues are communicated efficiently to Senior Management of the Company
● Promotes safety values and minimum requirements to clients and Authorities
● Ensures that an appropriate industrial relations management plan is implemented for the project and a professional relationship is maintained with the relevant union organisations to manage the resolution of any industrial issues that may arise
● Ensures the correct application of the Company Safety Management System (SMS) and Global Minimum Requirements (GMRs) across the project
● Leads the Project Safety Leadership Team and ensures this forum is effective and adequately addresses matters raised
● Provides visible safety leadership including carrying out regular site visits, verifying compliance with GMRs, and actively engaging with all project personnel
● Rewards excellence in EH&S and conversely, and in conjunction with the regional Operations Manager and the Head of Human Resources, applies consequence management to any member of staff failing to discharge their responsibilities properly
● Ensures a project EH&S Plan is developed, approved, updated and implemented
● Ensures project safety records and reporting is correctly undertaken
● Ensures the Building team understand the requirements of the GMRs and have received adequate and appropriate training
● Ensures that the Company EHS policies, procedures and controls are applied in the procurement, engagement and management of all subcontractors and suppliers
● Contributes to safety forums; project safety initiatives, tool box talks and similar EHS activities
● Reports all incidents to Senior Management in line with procedures
● Ensures that the Rehabilitation Plan and Return-to-Work Program is implemented and maintained for the project
● Sets and delivers project sustainability objectives and targets including site accommodation minimum standards for sustainability
● Maintains relevant sustainability core skills, competency and knowledge
● Manages compliance with NGER’s legislation and Building environmental requirements and ensures timely and accurate reporting
● Implements the Stakeholder Engagement Plan and monitors its effectiveness
CONSTRUCTION PLANNING AND PRODUCTIVITY
● Overall responsibility for all planning and programming functions on the project
● Development, review, implementation, reporting and updating of the programmes and related controls on the project
● Development of the construction planning methodologies from the bid planning stage ready for execution and the ongoing improvement and updating of these
● Management and presentation of the construction pre-construction review report in conjunction with the Project Manager
● Reporting of program status together with any programme delays, risks, opportunities and recommended corrective actions
● Ensuring that the delivery team has clear responsibility and accountability for the achievement of the programme milestones
● Ensuring that appropriate production controls are implemented
● Developing resource assessments and recovery strategies in conjunction with the Senior Project Engineer and Site Manager
● Ensuring that accurate traceable progress records are kept including site diaries and progress photographs
● Providing input into constructability reviews into the design development process and recommending changes to design details to increase construction efficiency to reduce risk or to reduce costs
● Overall responsibility for the development, approval and implementation of the project quality plan and/or project management plan (PMP) and allocation of relevant responsibilities within the project team
● Ensuring that the requirements of the Building Policy and Procedures system are met
● Ensuring adequate controls are implemented to ensure the works comply with the specified and contract requirements
● Ensuring any actions from audits are resolved
● Responsibility for ensuring all defects are satisfactorily resolved
PROJECT RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
● In conjunction with the Operations Manager, developing the organisational structure and resources required to successfully deliver the project
● Ensuring that roles and responsibilities are in place for the project team and are tailored to actual roles
● Identifying training requirements and skill gaps for team members and ensuring appropriate training is provided and recorded
● Managing the performance of all direct-report staff including the establishment of performance goals, succession plans and individual development plans
Note that the actual responsibilities for contract management and financial functions will need to be aligned to the actual team structure that is used for these functions
● In conjunction with regional management and the Project Commercial Manager establish project budgets and ensure all LOA approvals are in place.
● Manage the resolution of project risks and opportunities to ensure the optimal financial outcome for the project
● Ensure there are appropriately detailed cost controls that develop and support robust Forecast Final Costs (FFC) estimates for the project
● Verify and sign off commitments and payments in accordance with the LOAs
● Verify and sign off the overall cost report, project profit plan, project in delivery report (PID) and cash flow and present to the Project Review meetings
● Ensure compliance with the head contract terms and conditions and obtain appropriate advice as required from regional specialists.(in conjunction with the commercial/contracts manager)
● In conjunction with the Commercial Manager/ Senior Project Engineer, develop and deliver the project commercial close out plan including share of savings and head/subcontract final accounts
Note that the actual responsibilities for procurement will need to be aligned to the actual team structure that is used for commercial and contract management functions
● Ensure that all approvals for commitments meet LOA requirements
● Ensure that all procurement activities strictly meet the Company’s requirements for tender document preparation, prequalification of tenderers, tender process, assessment, review recommendation, approval and contract execution
No matter where your office is, you will be a part of a company that values you. At Lendlease, we invest in you professionally and personally so that you perform to your full potential to leave behind positive legacies in years to come.
Lendlease is a diverse, flexible and inclusive employer of choice. We engage, enable and empower our people. Inclusion sets all of us up for success.
If you are interested in building a career with Lendlease please click on apply to submit your application online & click on apply now.