TATA Steel, Established in 1907 as Asias first integrated private sector steel company, Tata Steel Group is among the top-ten global steel companies with an annual crude steel capacity of over 29 million tonnes per annum (mtpa). It is now the worlds second-most geographically-diversified steel producer, with operations in 26 countries and a commercial presence in over 50 countries. The Tata Steel Group, with a turnover of US$ 24.82 billion in FY 13, has over 80,000 employees across five continents.
TATA Steel Hiring B.Tech/B.E. – Electrical, Instrumentation, Mechanical, Metallurgy, Chemical
5 – 7 Years
Experience in business processes/plant operations of manufacturing org
Perks and Benefits
TATA Steel Compnay
B.Tech/B.E. – Electrical, Instrumentation, Mechanical, Metallurgy, Chemical
Purpose of the Job To assist respective Group Head in –
I. Providing an independent and objective assurance to the Audit Committee (AC), the CEO & MD and the Senior Management on the adequacy and effectiveness of the organizationâs risk management, control and governance processes, as well as render consulting services designed to add value, specially in Plant Operations, Maintenance and Engineering related areas to improve business processes,
II. To Assist the Group head in rendering effective audit services, adopting world class audit practices by institutionalising and continuously improving the process of benchmarking and knowledge sharing, Creating value to organisation and Enhancing organizational capability in Risk Management, Control and Governance Process including IFC To Assist the Group Head in enforcing and encouraging good governance practices to preserve, protect and enhance shareholdersâ and other stakeholdersâ wealth and welfare.
- Conducting audit of assigned activities as per the approved Annual Audit Plan, including any special projects assigned by the respective Group Head.
- Attending entry (pre-audit) conference, along with or without Group Head, with the process owner to start audit. Checking the implementation of past audit assurances given by the process owner in the area of assignment.
- Evaluating the efficacy of internal controls and its compliance, on a test check basis of data /records using the analytical tools/analytics, if required.
- Discussing audit issues with the process owner (auditee) and preparation of draft report for the process owner.
- To assist respective Group Head in preparing the final report for the process owner after incorporating the comments, if any, given by the process owner based on exit (post-audit) conference.
- Follow-up with the process owner for receiving reply against each audit issue. Review the replies received from the auditees for its completeness.
- Assist respective Group Head in reporting to the Sr. Management and AC about important findings and special studies.
- Assist Group Head in Institutionalising and continuously improve the process of benchmarking and knowledge sharing in the area of technical audit.
- Recommending changes, in consultation with respective Group Head, to the risk profile and other parameters relating to the auditable activities in the audit universe.
- Preparing / updating the Risk & Control Manual, wherever necessary, for auditable activities defined in the audit universe.
- Identify opportunities for improving the business processes, management controls etc., while conducting an audit.
- Identify new auditable areas, if any, during the course of audits. Planning & adaptation of Quality Management System (QMS) to changing conditions and maintenance of quality records.
- Assist Group Head in initiating necessary corrective and preventive action for maintaining the QMS of the division.