Last Updated on
Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) is Indias largest private sector company, with a consolidated turnover of INR 622,809 crore ($ 90.1 billion), cash profit of INR 64,478 crore ($ 9.3 billion), and net profit of INR 39,588 crore ($ 5.7 billion) for the year ended March 31, 2019
Production Manager 
Reliance Industries Limited
Degree or Diploma in Chemical Engineering
Minimum 3 years in another continues process plant as Shift Superintendent.
Degree Engineering holder 8 years
Diploma Engineering holder 14 years
- Ensure implementation of operational discipline and HSEF procedures on the plant floor
- Coordinate PSM initiatives at the plants (MSDS, P&ID updating, MOC tracking, Up to date documentation)
- Coordinate workplace safety at the plant level.
- Support the plant manager in ensuring compliance and improvements to norms and standard
- To ensure 100% compliance in OMPRO.
- Prepare /Review MIS (Variance reports) and Management review presentations.
- Support plant manager in annual budgeting exercise.
- Material coordination and purchase of chemicals, catalyst and consumables
- To lead shutdown planning.
- Provide guidelines to eliminate quality deviations
- Ensure correction of key repetitive process deviations through Root cause Analysis and also ensure that maintenance failures are addressed thru RCA
- To priorities planned and unplanned maintenance activities.
- Contribute to process studies for equipment failure.
- Plan improvement trials w.r.t higher throughput, change of raw material, better yield, lower energy consumption and new products & packaging , less downtime w.r.t. maintenance and set-up time
- Propose and implement learning and development initiatives at the plant level
- Prepare plant level training module and impart training and SSCA
- Communicate instructions through plant rack-up, review meetings, and provide direction to shift staff and deputies.
- Support Plant manager in CSR activities
- Ensure shift staff competency as per training system needs
- Understand customer requirements and translate to improve processes thru marketing / Market technical services and reduce customer complaints. Develop day superintendent / engineer as a successor to him for production manager
Skills & Competencies
- Problem solving and analytical ability
- Planning & Decision making Skills
- Strong inter-personal skill
- Excellent communication skill
- Leadership Qualities
- Time Management Skills