Last Updated on April 17, 2023 by Admin
Hamad International Airport (HIA) is the hub for the rapidly expanding international Qatar Airways network. Open 24/7 and located just five km from Doha’s city center, the airport is used by more than 35 regional and international airlines. It is also home to the world’s only terminal dedicated to Qatar Airways First and Business Class passengers.
Table of Contents
Hamad International Airport (HIA) Hiring Civil Engineers
JOB PURPOSE –
You will be responsible for leading the Civil Technical Officer, Supervisors, Technicians and outside vendors to plan and undertake all preventive/corrective maintenance and improvement works to ensure that the facilities and civil asset are in a good working condition with minimum disruption to the operations. You will act as a subject matter expert and provide technical advice related to civil and structural engineering.
- Accountable for the planning and execution of preventive I corrective maintenance for all civil, structures and architectural assets to ensure these remain in serviceable condition with minimal downtime.
- Monitor all preventive maintenance programs for civil, structures and architectural works to ensure these are implemented as per schedule through on-site supervision and inspections to the best practice standards and in compliance to company policy (SOP).
- Monitor all corrective maintenance tasks to ensure these are attended to timely and within the stipulated KPls through ongoing supervision and performance monitoring of the contractors to ensure maximum availability of airport assets.
- Conduct regular inspection of all equipment (tools, metering equipment, etc.) to ensure is in proper operational order and to make sure equipment availability in order to meet the operational needs of H IA.
- Document progress of the contractors through generating regular reports for Management to monitor timeline, quality and performance meet the standards set by the organization.
- Ensure minimal downtime of all assets through timely response and attendance to breakdown calls and adherence to the stipulated KP l’s for optimal performance.
- Oversee the proper deployment of in-house manpower and resources to ensure maximum manpower allocation and minimal resource wastage.
• Bachelors Degree or equivalent
Previous Experience –
• Expert – a minimum of 7 years of job-related experience required
• Must have knowledge of Runway Sweepers, Rubber Removal, Runway Friction Testing requirements and ICAO Annex 14.
• Sound theoretical and practical knowledge of all civil, structure, drainage, roads, bridges, geotechnical, and sewerage systems.
• In-depth expertise and experience in the given engineering discipline, providing real-time solutions and fixes in the technical area of Facilities Management and Maintenance
• Excellent written and oral skills in English
• Proficient in the use of AutoCAD and MS Office software.
Important Links –