You have a degree from a reputed institute and because of some inevitable reasons you missed the placement opportunity provided by your institute. Now you are in the job market, finding your dream job for your survival and to pay heavy education loan EMIs you or your parents has taken for your study.
Now a days because of the saturation in engineering and management education in India it’s very much difficult to source a suitable job with decent pay on your own. It is very difficult, but not impossible. I have come across so many candidates those are literally begging for the job. After paying huge fees close to 12-15 lacs and earning a management or post graduate degree people are ready to work for a salary of 15 to 20 thousand rupees per month. This is a fact, as most of the candidates don’t know how to find a job for themselves. They are very much ignorant and only dependent on the campus placement cell, but the placement department has their own constraints they might have generated quite a good no. of vacancies but because of some reasons they do not fulfill the placement demand of all the students.
Some students accepts the offer and after 3-4 months they call placement cell asking for better opportunity. They want only job with big fat salary, they don’t want to work and stop improving themselves. But lastly, they are lucky one, who got placed.
Particularly new joiners have following issues,
Pay Package or salary issues
Job profiles offered by company
There are other issues also but these are the major issues 90% of the students complain about.
What about the others? Those who doesn’t get placed though campus placements. If you are unemployed and not getting job, then there is some problem and you only need to find it out. Whether you are not competent enough, you have some educational insufficiency or maybe you are not on the right track towards your destination.
Following are the few points I would like to share for effective job searching, these are the common techniques most of the job aspirants uses.
- Upload your resume on all the Job portals and collect all JDs from Linkedin, Naukri, Monster, Glassdoor, Timesjobs, Times ascent and from the local newspaper ads also upload your resumes on job consultant’s websites.
- Upload your resume on each and every company where you want to work from your field.
- Read all the Job description (JD) for the post you are applying or which suites your profile.
- Try to understand the job requirement and prepare yourself accordingly and update the same in your resume.
- Try to catch the keywords associated with the various Job description and insert it into resume, most of the recruiters uses keyword for filtering resumes from job portals.
- Join Linkedin group or Facebook Job communities related to your job field.
- Improve on your technical and soft-skills
- Search new jobs from all the job portals and apply for the job which suits your profile.
- Keep in touch with your seniors or friends those are working.
- Contact some job consultant, you can easily find them on Naukri, Timesjobs and Linkedin or Google it; you can take their help for job searching.
All the best…!!!