Last Updated on
The company didn’t report the exact value of the contracts but said the orders fall under “significant” category which ranges between Rs 1,000 crore and Rs 2,500 crore.
The construction arm of L&T has secured orders from prestigious clients across various Indian states
and foreign clients for its varied businesses as mentioned in the press release.
The contracts received for the following business segments;
Power Transmission and Distribution
- On the domestic front, the business has secured orders for urban electricity distribution from a state distribution utility.
- The project scope includes replacing the existing HT & LT overhead lines with underground cables. In addition, new 11kV feeders will also be created for load bifurcation. Such projects improve the overall reliability of the power distribution network and help particularly in avoiding the unscheduled power cuts during rains and windy conditions.
- Another order for the turnkey construction of a 400kV and 220kV Transmission Lines has been secured from a state transmission utility.
- In the international market, an order has been secured for the supply, installation and commissioning of 132kV underground cables in United Arab Emirates (UAE).
- In Ethiopia and Uganda, orders have been received for establishing distribution networks involving medium/ low voltage distribution lines and last mile consumer connections. These will improve electricity access in their respective towns and rural areas.
- The business has also won an order, in a consortium, for the supply and construction of Battery Energy Storage Systems for 115kV substations in Chaiyaphum and Lopburi provinces of Thailand. These state-of-art elements will mitigate the impact from grid connection of intermittent renewable generation.
Heavy Civil Infrastructure:
- The Defence business unit of Heavy Civil Infrastructure has secured an order from one of the major Defence PSUs for the construction of a strategic project for the Indian Air Force.
- The scope includes the construction of under-ground specialized RCC structure along with waterproofing, electrical works, and other Internal & external services. The project is to be completed within a timeline of 33 months.
Water and Effluent Treatment:
- Engineering, procurement & construction orders have been secured from the Gujarat Water Infrastructure Limited for supplying, lowering, laying, jointing, testing and commissioning of a MS pipeline from Brahmani Dam – 2 to Chakampar village (Package II) and from Chakampar village to Nava Sadulka (Package III) including its operation & maintenance for 5 years in Morbi district, Gujarat.
- The business has bagged repetitive orders from the same client over the past few years.