Last Updated on March 25, 2021 by Admin
When it comes to finding a job online undoubtedly LinkedIn is the best professional social media platform and a powerful job search tool. LinkedIn provides us an opportunity to directly connect with the job provider/recruiter to get better insights into the job requirements.
LinkedIn allows employers to post job openings to the site (like any online job board), and you can search for these openings using the job search tool.
LinkedIn also allows you to use your connections to find new positions and ask for recommendations. Additionally, you can follow companies so you’ll always be notified of their latest LinkedIn posts.
You can search and find jobs on LinkedIn from the LinkedIn Jobs search tool. The problem is this space is mostly spammed by various recruitment and placement consultants who post duplicate jobs a number of times. So, it is very difficult and frustrating to find genuine and quality jobs directly posted by the company recruiters and job consultants.
To make your LinkedIn jobs search process more fruitful and engaging we have made an effort to provide you something valuable to search for the quality and authentic jobs posted by the companies and genuine recruitment/placement consultants.
Kindly check below the effective strategies to find your desired jobs on Linkedin.
Jobs through LinkedIn Jobs Search Tool
All these jobs are not posted by LinkedIn; they are posted by the companies recruiters and recruitment consultants.
Steps to follow
- Click on the Jobs icon (Visit: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/) at the top of your LinkedIn homepage while login to your LinkedIn account.
- In the Search jobs field, type a job title, keyword, or company name. Keep in mind that you can use Boolean search modifiers to help refine your job search.
- You can use the Search location field to type a city name, state/province/territory name, or country name. Your desired location may be pre-filled for you, but it can be updated by typing a different one into the text-box. A drop-down list will appear where you can select your desired location.
- Click Search.
- Use the filters at the top of the page to further refine your search by Date Posted, LinkedIn Features(including In Your Network, Under 10 Applicants, and Easy Apply), Company, Experience Level, and more. Click All filters to view additional filter options to make it more perfect on how to find jobs on LinkedIn.
- You can click the Sort by drop-down at the top of your search results to sort your search results by Relevance or Post Date.
- The number of days the job has been posted is listed at the bottom of each job summary.
- Click a job title to view the job details.
- Click Easy Apply or Apply (options may vary). Learn more about applying for jobs on LinkedIn.
Jobs through User-generated content
LinkedIn is the largest professional network, so here you will find all the stuff written by LinkedIn users. You can find the particular stuff by typing the keyword in the search box and type of content to find the content written on your particular topic or interests.
Many recruiters also post the jobs in the form of posts and contents, so you can also follow the recruiters from the area of your interest to get the regular feed of the post related to jobs from them.
In the above picture, you can clearly see that, I have put construction as a search term, after clicking search on the top menu bar of LinkedIn it shows total of 492,594 results, and also gave me some preference to choose from, like People, Jobs, content, companies, schools, and groups. Similarly, you can search for any search term and narrow it down by selecting your desired broad term.
To search content (job), write a job in the search box, and click on the content you will get a list of all the contents (jobs) posted by the recruiters and other LinkedIn users. As shown in the above picture, if you type “civil engineer jobs India” and hit search, you will get a feed of civil engineer job content. You can narrow down your search by using the filter option shown in the picture to perfect how to find jobs on LinkedIn.
You Might Be Interested In
- Civil Engineering Interview Questions and Answers eBook
- The Great Construction Career – A Career Blueprint
- Effective Job Search Strategies for Engineers
- Top 50 HR Interview Questions and Answers for Engineers
Use LinkedIn Hashtags For Job Search
Hashtags on LinkedIn help you discover topics and interests most relevant to you and give you the opportunity to engage with them. All hashtags start with a # sign, followed by a keyword or phrase. Some examples of hashtags include #job, #Careers, or #employment.
Hashtag URL: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/hashtag/india/
Just replace the last word with the hashtag term for which you want to search the result.
We have compiled below the top and the best #Hashtags to find the jobs and career opportunities. Click on the hashtags to get the live feeds of the content posted on LinkedIn in realtime.
Kindly follow them to get the daily live feeds of the relevant and latest jobs posted by the companies and recruiters.
The number of followers counts keeps on changing. We have recorded these counts on 22nd May 2020.
Hope you are clear with the above-mentioned ideas on how to search for jobs on LinkedIn effectively. Kindly follow the exact same steps to land your dream job in 2020.