Last Updated on
Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated (JLL) is an American commercial real estate services firm. It is the second-largest company of its kind in the world, after CBRE Group. The company is ranked 189th on the Fortune 500. It has been consistently named by the Ethisphere Institute as one of the world’s most ethical companies.JLL Job Recruitment 2019 notification for the position of Project Engineer-Safety.
JLL Job Recruitment 2019 For Project Engineer-Safety.
Diploma, BE/B.Tech – Civil ,Safety
This challenging yet exciting role puts you in the driving seat of our efforts to build and maintain an environmentally sustainable, healthy and safe workplace. You’ll provide safety support to all projects, ensuring they all meet our own established standards and that of local safety regulations.
Specifically, you’ll conduct safety review meetings with project and design team at the initial stage of the project. As well, you’ll ensure that all high-risk activities have proper safety work method statement (SWMS). Additionally, you’ll promote workplace safety by performing site inspections, risk reports, timely safety-related corrections, and weekly safety meetings. You’ll also constantly coordinate with the project manager and operations manager to ensure that everybody will be out of harm’s way.
Promoting safety awareness
Getting everyone on board our environment, health and safety initiatives falls on your shoulders. To do you, you need to create awareness and educate our people and stakeholders. You’ll achieve this through consistent sharing of success stories and best practices among project JLL teams, and also by doing regular mentoring and coaching of our safety officers and nonnsafety professionals. Another step would be obtaining the relevant professional licenses and ensuring they stay up-to-date.
- BE / B.Tech / Diploma with Safety qualification from NICMAR / equivalent as recognised under state factories rules/ BOCW Central Rules, with atleast 3-4 years of experience in construction projects.
- Should have good written & oral communication skills in English, hands-on familiarity with MS Office software packages.
- Should have good knowledge and proven capability on management of the following:
- Safety systems for construction sites.
- Safety standards being used on construction sites internationally.
- Safety training tools like induction meetings, tool box talks, PEP talks, etc.
- Safety control systems like work method statements, job safety analysis, work-permit systems, gate-control systems, etc.
- Statutory rules and regulations applicable to construction safety.
- Should have good man-management skills for getting safety systems implemented at site.
- Should be able to prepare project safety reports like daily, weekly & Monthly HSE statistical analysis, etc.
- Should have done at least one industrial project and one high rise building project. Should be able to prepare JSA (Job safety analysis) or Risk assessment for all construction activities.
- Should be able to conduct site safety audit, preparation of Audit report with recommendation of countermeasures.
- Should have awareness of Work permit systems for critical activities (Hot work, Erection work, confined area work, Height work, excavation, LOTO for electrical works) for better controls.
- Should have awareness of checking all construction vehicles/equipments/tools& tackles for Pre entry check and mandatory legal requirements for lifting tools (cranes, boom lifts, tower cranes etc.) And tackles Diesel generators and environmental protection rules (Spillage control, safe disposal of various wastes etc.)