As one of the world’s largest publicly traded energy providers and chemical manufacturers, ExxonMobil develops and applies next-generation technologies to help safely and responsibly meet the world’s growing needs for energy and high-quality chemical products.
ExxonMobil Hiring Engineers for the Post Process Engineer
Abu Dhabi, AZ, AE
Job Role Summary
We are the largest publicly traded international Oil and Gas Company, using technology and innovation to help meet the world’s growing energy needs. We hold an industry-leading inventory of resources.
We are looking to hire an experienced Facilities Process Engineer based in Abu Dhabi the UAE. The potential candidate should be able to provide facilities engineering and operations leadership in interactions with our Joint Venture and industry shareholders; develop and nurture strategic relationships with key contacts to further business objectives support and expertise to oil and gas development projects and production operations. Also can work with multi-disciplinary teams to support optimal asset development and operation, leveraging fundamental Facilities engineering skills in demonstrating the ability to integrate technical expertise, industry knowledge, and business experience/judgement to support the application and use of multiple Facilities skills and tools within the upstream business.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
Demonstrated effectiveness in external interactions in area of expertise.
Responsibilities (includes shared responsibilities as a member of the team):
- Joint Interest Management/Shareholder Governance/External Relations:
- Represent ExxonMobil in external interactions in a way that reinforces and enhances perception of ExxonMobil.
- Learn and apply Joint Interest Management System: Identify issues for key focus areas (KFA’s) in facilities engineering and operations; develop fit-for-purpose influence plans; implement; and report progress on key focus areas defined below :
1. Operations and Facilities Integrity and Process safety
2. Production optimization and reliability management
3. Shut down management
- Serve on the Joint Venture shareholder technical committees/sub-committees; provide technical leadership in influencing direction consistent with KFA’s
- Evaluate Joint Venture business plans, budgets, and project/study proposals; seek input from ExxonMobil contacts as needed; prepare recommendations on approval or enhancement; anticipate issues and provide leadership in resolution
- Participate in Joint Venture workshops, peer reviews and other technical meetings of shareholders; ensure technical quality of work and sound business decisions
- Meet informally with the NOC and industry shareholder (ISH) counterparts and with the Joint Venture contacts on regular basis
- Identify and manage/coordinate resolution of issues affecting operations and facilities engineering activities
Job Qualifications & Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant Engineering discipline
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in an oil and gas facilities engineering position, past experience with Abu Dhabi upstream facilitates is a plus.
- Strong project management, planning, organizational skills to ensure that goals, schedules and budgets are met
- Strong English communication skills
- The ability to build external and internal relationships with diverse teams
About the position
The successful candidate will possess a broad range of technical, personal effectiveness and leadership skills in order to progress in a professional, technical based engineering career which may ultimately lead to your appointment into global senior technical leadership positions.
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.