Last Updated on January 11, 2022 by Admin
Amazon.com, Inc., is an American multinational technology company based in Seattle, Washington, that focuses on e-commerce, cloud computing, digital streaming, and artificial intelligence. It is considered one of the Big Four technology companies along with Google, Apple, and Facebook. Amazon Job Recruitment 2019 notification for the position of Construction Manager.
Amazon Job Recruitment 2019 For Construction Manager.
BE/B.Tech – Construction Management, Architecture, Structural, Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
The Data Center Construction Manager (CM) is responsible for managing some of the most technical, cost efficient, and fast paced construction project schedules achievable. Amazon Construction Managers are constantly challenged to drive continuous improvement and deliver the highest quality, most technically efficient data centers in the world.
As a Data Center CM you will be a part of highly creative, efficient team tasked with tackling the most fascinating and challenging problems in building Amazon data facilities. Amazon CM’s are always at the forefront of the construction industry in terms of innovation, and maintain a focus to deliver the most innovative products to our customers.
Our data centers are industry leading facilities in terms of energy efficiency and cost effectiveness. The Data Center CM is ultimately responsible for the day to day construction oversight and management of the contractors. The CM will also be utilized as a leader in their specific discipline (construction management, building services, architectural, electrical or mechanical engineering) and be responsible as a team member for delivering construction of some of the most sophisticated electrical and mechanical systems in the world.
At Amazon we leverage unique opportunities presented to us by owning everything from the substation, to the server, and back to the cooling towers. We are diverse, upbeat, creative, team-oriented construction professionals working on a daily basis to develop data centers that are changing the face of data facilities.
- Project management and oversight of construction related activities for new builds or general capital projects. This will include the ownership of the project scope, timeline, and budget.
- Driving costs down and schedules shorter while maintaining quality.
- Provide Construction Management for specific initiatives aimed at increasing the resiliency of our data centers.
- Review of constructability of electrical and mechanical system and buiding designs associated with the construction of new data centers or the optimization of existing data centers.
- Creation of project scope and equipment requirements, assist with request for proposals, and capital requests.
- Total project quality including the assisting with commissioning and integrated system testing and oversight of the execution of the project.
- Issue/Manage the Request for Information process during construction and coordinate construction administration with engineers
- Recording and reporting key metrics to team members and management.
- Concurrently managing multiple projects including new data center building and capital improvement projects associated with existing data centers.
- Operational support of installed facilities including review of procedures, best practices, and maintenance initiatives.
- Be a leader within the group as well as within internal and external teams that support the data center.
- Travel to datacenter sites for electrical systems audits, mechanical system reviews, constructability reviews, startup testing, and full commissioning, as required.
Click Here To Apply