Last Updated on
XXII Batch Selection process for L&T ECC Build India Scholarship (BIS) Programme at IITs 2019 has been started. The fresh engineering graduates from the Civil and Electrical Engineering disciplines will get a chance to get admission for the 02 years full-time M.Tech (Construction Technology & Management) degree at IIT-Madras, IIT-Delhi, NIT Surathkal & NIT Trichy. The Course is designed by the IIT’s in consultation with L&T ECC.
The selection is done jointly by IITs & L&T. The selection process includes an online written test (subject & aptitude) followed by a personal interview conducted by a panel from IIT and L&T. The final selection is subject to one’s medical fitness.
On successful completion of the M.Tech. course, the selected candidates are absorbed in regular employment in L&T ECC in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Scheme.
L&T BIS is a scheme for freshers who join L&T through campus placement or directly give BIS exam/entrance when they are in a final year in B.Tech. The objective of this course is to give eligible fresh minds, a perspective on management of construction.
Highlights of the Programme:
- 02 years full-time M. Tech degree in Construction Technology & Management
- 24 month sponsored a course at IIT Madras / IIT Delhi / NIT Surathkal / NIT Trichy
- The course fee is borne entirely by L&T
- A stipend is paid during the programme
- Live projects @ L&T project sites during the course of the programme
- Guided by buddies and mentored by BIS alumni during the programme
- Placement on successful completion of the course
- Programme Name: M. Tech in Construction Technology & Management through L&T’s Build India Scholarship
- Sponsored at: IIT Madras, IIT Delhi, NITK Surathkal & NIT Trichy
- Stipend: Rs. 13,400/- p.m. (paid to the candidates). Tuition fee and Sponsorship fee will be settled by L&T to the respective Institutes directly.
- The sponsored candidates need to bear the Hostel Accommodation fee & Mess fee.
Online written test (subject & aptitude) followed by a personal interview conducted by a panel from IIT and L&T. The final selection is subject to one’s medical fitness.
- Final year B.E / B.Tech degree in Civil / Electrical Engineering
- 65 % & above marks in B.E / B.Tech till 06th Semester
- With a flair for building landmarks.
31st December 2018: Last Date of Online Application
1 st February 2019: Tentative Date of Hall Ticket Download
24th February 2019: Date of Online Written Test
March 2019 (Last Week): Date of Interviews (tentative)
June 2019 (First Week): Issuance of Sponsorships (tentative)
July 2019: Commencement of Course
Only final year candidates (those who are pursuing their final year B.E. / B. Tech, those who are expected to graduate by May / June 2019) from core Civil Engineering & Core Electrical Engineering are eligible to apply. Mechanical Candidates are not eligible to apply. Candidates who have graduated in May / June 2018 or prior to that are not eligible to apply.
How to apply?
Applications are accepted through online mode only.